Returning Golfer - Where to purchase from advise desperatly needed!

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it all depends on what level you are at. What was your handicap when you stopped all those years ago and what do you think it roughly is now. If its total beginner level then a second hand set off the shelf is the way to get started. If your at a level where you have a decent swing and can hit a ball then I'd look to go get fitted out first and see what you need then look to second hand to try get them.

I am only off 24, so doubt I would see the benefit of a really decent set.

I'm back with the Pro this week, so will have another chat with him.

Cheers!

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No point in going the custom fit route at the moment imo, in 6 months time your swing will likely bare no resemblance to what it does now and therefore the fit you get now will be wrong going forward.

I would look at a 2nd hand set from Mizuno say MX200 or similar, or one of the other manufacturers that are almost as good as Mizuno ;)

Check out golfbidder for an idea on what you price range you should be paying and then get on ebay for a bargain!

If you get a good relationship with your pro then he should be best placed to advise on new kit when the bug really bites and the lure of the shineys becomes strong!

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Support your pro as long as he supports you financially... Wouldn't want to be at the bus stop in the rain with your clubs when he drives past in his nice BMW. If its cheaper elsewhere then go there is my motto. :thup:

Mozza73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'll throw my suggestion in - Ping i3 oversize irons, around £140 on eBay for a good full set and extremely hard wearing and well built clubs.

Mine scrubbed up to pristine condition and since returning to the game last year have done me proud