Returning from back injury...

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's now over 3 weeks since i hit a ball in anger... and i'm bored out of my face. The back injury is taking its time to heal and i'm having to hold myself back from going to hit some balls...

I think i could be ok to try it out this weekend coming but i'm looking for some advice from folk on here about what's worked for them.

I've cancelled my medal tee time for Saturday, as that would just be silly, but as i see it i've got two or three options.

1) go to the range and see how i get on with a bucket of balls

2) go to the course practice area and do a wee bit chipping and pitching and putting

3) go and play 4 or 5 holes and see how i get on. I have an electric trolley so it's not as if i'd be carrying anything.

Any advice from those who have been there and done it, or those who know?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Chipping and putting. Don't rush it. Backs are funny buggers -too much too soon and you'll always have problems with it. Patience!!

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
so hard being patient with it... we had a crap winter where hardly any golf was played, then about 4 rounds in, i bugger my back! Almost half way through the year and i've played about 8 rounds of golf.... that's an expensive membership!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
No question, just chipping and putting...but only with 1 or 2 balls at a time
If you stand and putt 20 balls, that won't help your back one bit. Keep moving around the green and try different lengths of putt and chip

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's another weekend gone and i had to be very strict with myself and stop from heading up to the clubhouse to get my clubs out for a practice...

Still getting grief from the back and it looks like it could easily be another week!!! I know i'm doing the right thing in not getting the clubs out, but god am i bored!!!!

I'm going to go and collect my clubs later in the week and give them a good clean so they'll be sparkling when the time comes.

RgDave, How's your injury?

Anyone else injured and not able to play?

I can remember Homer's post from a while back when he was out of the game for a whole 3 days and he thought that was unbearable....