Return to Golf ???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For raking, I've been using one of these for ages. Very light, doesn't take up much space and, for me, easier than the clip-on ones.
4.jpg

I don't like putting with the flag in but accept it has to be done for safety of me and my family.
So you use it, then put it back in your bag - doesn't drop loads of sand all in the bag and onto your grips and whatnot? :confused:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, I tap it and that gets all the sand off. I've never noticed any sand on my grips or my whatnot.
I thought it would be difficult to shake the sand off, if it was damp for example (pretty much all the time recently). Could do it like Traminator mentioned and stick it in the umbrella holder or something instead though. (y)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I thought it would be difficult to shake the sand off, if it was damp for example (pretty much all the time recently). Could do it like Traminator mentioned and stick it in the umbrella holder or something instead though. (y)
That was exactly my thinking, sand dropping everywhere, plus rubbing up against you as you carry the bag.
On the outside of the trolley no probs, in the bag no way.
I can understand that. All I can say I've not noted any issues personally.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I got one of those little rakes for Xmas... no handle, first over the grip of a club. Has a hook on it to hang from the outside of the bag so doesn't mess up grips etc.

Just been out for a lunchtime fast walk without the dogs to guild up some stamina for when we get playing again. Woking in the summer is 36 holes. Havent done that for a while!

sunshine

Visit site

You could also carry a portable air hose to clean off the excess sand from your rake. This could also be used to clean your shoes after the round, given most shoe cleaners are COVID traps, so 2 uses in 1!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We got all our members after lockdown 1 to buy one and visitors had to have at least one per 4 ball. Our version is slightly better than the ones pictured. £10 to buy, £5 to hire - it was some revenue for the Pro after the difficult lockdown period. They work really well and some would not like us to put the normal rakes back when allowed as the personal ones are handy and effective and you don’t have the issues with in or out of the bunker etc, with normal rakes. It feels more like normal golf when everyone is raking bunkers.

I appreciate the club is just working to the rules set, but it would seem more sensible to get all members to just have bought hand sanitizer for their bag and request they use it after using the existing rakes. It would also have greater benefit in ensuring they had it if they came into contact with anything else like a gate if there is genuine concern over spread through surfaces.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You could also carry a portable air hose to clean off the excess sand from your rake. This could also be used to clean your shoes after the round, given most shoe cleaners are COVID traps, so 2 uses in 1!

I know said in jest but just as a recommendation I bought a "boot buddy" to use after winter rounds given air compressor also removed, can highly recommend if you're organised enough to put water in it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know said in jest but just as a recommendation I bought a "boot buddy" to use after winter rounds given air compressor also removed, can highly recommend if you're organised enough to put water in it.
I've had one of them for a few years. I use it at home though to clean my shoes, and football boots. I wouldn't take it with me to the course though, just do it later. I find that a full bottle only does one shoe and I have to refill it for the second one anyway.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Mrs got me one a year or so ago.
If I was still at the Zoo I'd use it every game.
Where I am now I dont have to..:whistle: