Retro golf ball

Jason.H

Visit site
So today I decided to use a golf ball given to me by my work colleague. He found a few buried in his garden in Derby. The ball is a Dunlop Greg Norman 2 piece, I’m guessing over 30 years old.
So I played after work today and used this ball and a brand new Taylormade tour response so 2 balls in play. The old ball has a hard clicky feel and sound and flies lower and surprisingly is longer with fairway woods and hybrids probably due to less spin. Strong winds this afternoon and the Greg Norman ball really turns on the wind compared to the new ball. Just nine holes and 3 birdies with the old tarnished ball and 5 inches from a hole in one.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So today I decided to use a golf ball given to me by my work colleague. He found a few buried in his garden in Derby. The ball is a Dunlop Greg Norman 2 piece, I’m guessing over 30 years old.
So I played after work today and used this ball and a brand new Taylormade tour response so 2 balls in play. The old ball has a hard clicky feel and sound and flies lower and surprisingly is longer with fairway woods and hybrids probably due to less spin. Strong winds this afternoon and the Greg Norman ball really turns on the wind compared to the new ball. Just nine holes and 3 birdies with the old tarnished ball and 5 inches from a hole in one.
Previous owner of house must’ve had a bad experience with the balls your colleague found - or maybe a good one and decided he’d retire the balls and give them a decent ‘send off’.?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Previous owner of house must’ve had a bad experience with the balls your colleague found - or maybe a good one and decided he’d retire the balls and give them a decent ‘send off’.?

I know of a field in Devon where there are dozens of balls close to the hedge at the far end of it they date from from the mid to late 80s or earlier:whistle::whistle: