Restaurant recommendations London

G1z1

Visit site
I Seen a thread the other day on the forum someone was asking about london hotels and seen it got a lot of replies. I am going to London start of October for my wife's birthday and i am looking for recommendations for an indian, chinese and steak house please ?
Last visit we went to dishoom, benares and hakkasan. We Loved them all but would like to try different and possibly better ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Sexy fish was amazing Asian food, but loud.
I know you didn't list Thai, but Patara in Soho is great.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Indian- Dishoom. Quite a few branches around in the main tourist areas.
Or, if it is open by then, Cafe Spice - Cyrus Todiwala’s place. It had had to move from its original location by the Tower to the Docklands area, great food , went to the old place loads

D

Deleted member 25172

Yipin China, near Angel tube station. Looks like your typical Chinese on the corner, but not many of them have had special mentions in the Michelin Guide.

But if you’re after posh interior to go with it, look elsewhere. :)

Hoppers, Sri-Lankan/South Indian kari place. Excellent food. Have a few branches now.

https://www.hopperslondon.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Zedel - a french brasserie on Sherwood Street just off Picadilly Circus. Nothing much to look at on the outside but once you get downstairs its far grander than you might have expected. Good nosh too.

D

Deleted member 25172

Zedel - a french brasserie on Sherwood Street just off Picadilly Circus. Nothing much to look at on the outside but once you get downstairs its far grander than you might have expected. Good nosh too.

Funny you mentioned that as I’m actually going there on Sunday!

G1z1

Visit site
Also looking for an Mexican restaurant ?

Decided to swap the steak house for the ritz restaurant, wifes wanting to try there famous beef wellington.
Chinese decided on park chinois.
Indian still undecided

D

Deleted member 25172

Decided to swap the steak house for the ritz restaurant, wifes wanting to try there famous beef wellington.
Indian still undecided

Ok, so money is obviously not an object here.

I’ll leave recommendations for further restaurants to others. ?

£98 for a beef Wellington. ???

G1z1

Visit site
Ok, so money is obviously not an object here.

I’ll leave recommendations for further restaurants to others. ?

£98 for a beef Wellington. ???
Lol I need to buy a new suit and tie just to get in the place. Wife said last night you have a suit upstairs, must be 15 years since I last wore it. Trousers easily 4 inches too small and jacket I just got buttoned but could of popped at any moment

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Indian still undecided
Can't suggest you a Mexican place, but if you want something a bit different, you could try Peruvian? "Lima" (Michelin starred) on Rathbone Place is very good.