Replacing Shoe Grips

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
I've got some Nike golf shoes that appear to want to carry on into their second year but need the things on the soles changing. Can I get the blooming things out?????? WD40 has been sprayed everywhere, kitchen floor is a tad slippy, but the studs will not move. Any solutions out there?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sit them in a shallow bowl of hot water for a while to loosen the baked mud.

You can also buy a tool (ripper?) that generally will budge them (effectively rips them to pieces but is effective)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sit them in a shallow bowl of hot water for a while to loosen the baked mud.

You can also buy a tool (ripper?) that generally will budge them (effectively rips them to pieces but is effective)
The warm water approach worked for me as well, better than WD40, yes also been there. Be patient, and let the water loosen the mud, expand the sole.

When you replace the studs dip the new threads in a bit of grease / dubbin etc as that helps next time you need to change them.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a easy out or EZ out .
It’s a screw extractor for bolts where the head has sheared.
Drill a small hole in the cleat and just screw this in with the reverse thread it will just remove the cleat.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
What a bluddy job. Warm water did for some but for the majority I had to get a good set of pliers and grip and turn. Easylock my eye. Anyway, job done now and nice shiney soft spike with a little spike in the middle. Look well smart. You watch. Next time out, shoes will fall apart.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
What a bluddy job. Warm water did for some but for the majority I had to get a good set of pliers and grip and turn. Easylock my eye. Anyway, job done now and nice shiney soft spike with a little spike in the middle. Look well smart. You watch. Next time out, shoes will fall apart.

Well it does say Easylock, not Easyunlock... :whistle: