Replacement ping iron

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a second hand set and I saw the 6 iron was a different ID. I checked the spec against the others and it was the same. I wasn’t that bothered.
This weekend gone, I was hitting the 6 iron, it felt peculiar and the shaft felt a touch sloppy. The distances were away from slotting in between 5 and 7 so unfortunately it has me thinking something is not right.
Has anyone got an iron replacement from Ping ? I have seen it can be done but has anyone got actual experience?

Ps not asking for a friend

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Email Ping with the serial number of the set and also give them the serial number of the 6 iron they'll tell you if its been "matched" to the original set or not. They usually reply within 24 hours be quick before lockdown.

If not Ping will make you one up based on the original spec of your iron serial number.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No weight loss, everything is in place. I’ll drop an email to ping and see what’s the crack is.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things to do is to check the shaft matches which will depend on the actual shaft used

If the shaft has steps the first step in each shaft should be a set distance from the hosel. which increases by half an inch as the club decreases in number i.e the first step will be further away from the hosel in the 5 iron than the 6.
It is also possible to do a basic swing weight check at home. Just do a search on swing weight to see how to do it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So contacted Ping at the weekend and they have replied.
Really interesting, so the spec difference is -1/2 “ in length and orange vs the rest of the set which was std length and yellow .
I have asked if I can purchase a 6 iron to the set specifications, then it will be all matched.