Replacement driver shaft

Dickie99

Visit site
So the inside of the driver head has a screw thread, what exactly do I need to do & what do I need to try and fix ?

Springveldt

Visit site
So the inside of the driver head has a screw thread, what exactly do I need to do & what do I need to try and fix ?
The screw will likely be a torx screw, you can just unscrew it completely, take it out and keep hold of it. Then you could look for a replacement shaft on eBay that already has the adapter fitted to the shaft.

If you can't find an exact match you could just buy any shaft that has the same diameter at the bottom, use a heat gun to take the adapter off the old shaft then use some epoxy to put the adapter onto the new shaft.

I've no idea what driver you have but a quick eBay search and this was the first one...

Dickie99

Visit site
It really looks like the metal itself on the inside of the driver is a screw thread. I had to drill everything out as shaft had split at base.

Dickie99

Visit site
thanks for answers so far. Looking at link above , as a casual player, if I’m paying £60 to possibly fix, I may as well look at eBay for replacement clubs.

Springveldt

Visit site
It really looks like the metal itself on the inside of the driver is a screw thread. I had to drill everything out as shaft had split at base.
What driver is it? I've only been playing since 2016 and every driver I've seen has a torx screw that you just loosen off and remove to change the shaft. Can't imagine drilling out a screw will have been good for the head.

Dickie99

Visit site
It’s a yonex vxf, watched a video of someone doing it as there was no way of getting old broken bits out otherwise

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

With the adjustable heads the screw is supposed to stay in the head.

AS per Springvelt I would be worried that the head is now damaged.