Remote control trolleys............would you bother??

ThePhantom

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've had a powakaddy freeway for years now and in the main I'm happy it although the speed regulator is pretty poor. I was looking into remote trolleys and wondered what they are like. I've seen powakaddy ones for £800 and various eBay ones, clearly not as good for around £300.

Has anyone had any experience with any particular model?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing says 'I have lots of empty space in the front of my trousers', like a remote control trolley does, IMHO..........................:whistle:

:whoo:

M

MetalMickie

No!

Not after I saw one disappear into a stream as the unit did not pick up the signal from the remote control.

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought one of the £300 cheaper ones.

they will not travel straight no matter how you balance your bag because the slightest bump will move the bag and cause it to lean one way or the other. I returned it for a refund. The £300 ones can be bought under different brand names but are all the same trolley with a different name. Don't bother!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aff yer heid!

Keep taking the tablets if your going to shell out 800 bangers on a set of wheels.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Someone I know has one, I actually find them a little scary if I'm honest. There's something not quite right about a set of clubs transporting themselves around a golf course.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I only use a trolley around 5 times a year, but am thinking of getting the Stewart one. I trolley if I'm playing 36 (Stewart only do an 18 hole battery, so useless), or if it's tipping down with rain. I figure if I don't have to hold the handle, my hands will be less wet, so drier and warmer for longer. Win.

And it looks fun. I never had an RC car, so it's the next best thing.

ThePhantom

Medal Winner
Visit site
Kind of summed up what I thought, think ill use the powakaddy periodically as my donkey in the summer to carry the billions of gallons of water that are needed in our climate to keep me hydrated :D and then carry for 95% of the time. Cheers