Relief from artificial paths......

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Local rule at our place....

Roads, Footpaths and Tracks
All roads, footpaths and tracks are integral parts of the course from which the ball must be played as it lies or declared unplayable. Part of the roadway to the left of the 3rd fairway and the road leading down to the 12th fairway will be permanently marked by the green-keeping staff and should be treated as immovable obstructions and from which relief must be taken under rule 24-2b

I must say that all our paths apart from the one on the 12th are natural and have not been artificially surfaced.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do ye make of the ground under repair section c on the score card??

c) The Greenkeeper’s shed and entire compound area at the 18th hole.. the greenkeepers shed is GUR , i find that strange surely it should be OOB? no?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do ye make of the ground under repair section c on the score card??

c) The Greenkeeper’s shed and entire compound area at the 18th hole.. the greenkeepers shed is GUR , i find that strange surely it should be OOB? no?

Up to the course. Interesting that they have also opted for the MAY option of relief.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm sure I've seen this before north of the border and was wondering if it was common in Scotland? (Silly rule IMHO)

def NOT common in Scotland NOR anywhere else, either its a jobsworth committee or the paths are grass/dirt?

I'm not damaging a £140 new shiny soft metal club for a score- unless they compensate anyone damaging their clubs on their path BECAUSE of THEIR rules?
thought not

We have a course near us treats them as integral parts of the course. Not a decision I'm fond of due to the cost ofc lubs, but it's the rule and evryone has to play to it. If you don't wish to damage your club declare it unplayable and take a penalty drop. It's your decsion to play off the path, so I see no reason for them compensating you.