Reliable Weather Forecasts

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
BBC website and the 24hr forecast feature I feel is very accurate and reliable. it's the one i all ways go by.

Me too. Have it on my favourites and the postcode of my course saved on a cookie (I guess).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use Metcheck because it gives the weather in 3 hour periods. Where the BBC will show rain, Metcheck will tell me if I can get a round in before it starts to chuck it down. Tends to be right more than it is wrong.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, I agree with the votes for BBC and I have looked at most forecasts inc the met office. I particularly rate the BBC local weater man who in this area I think gets as near as dammit.
BUT WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?
Every forecast I saw or read said constant rain all morning and heavy showers pm at best. Feeling doleful after a bad round yesterday and seeing no chance of golf.
Woke up to sunshine, sauntered out for eighteen very pleasant holes - only now at 3 -pm is the sky darkening.
At least they were wrong in a good way!

AliB

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
BBC website and the 24hr forecast feature I feel is very accurate and reliable. it's the one i all ways go by.

Me too. Have it on my favourites and the postcode of my course saved on a cookie (I guess).

Me too. Though its been quite easy to tell the weather without it quite recently - rain, cold, rain & cold, rain, cold & wind - easy. :D

T

thecraw

Well I hope its very wrong tomorrow as we're off to Aviemore to play the Spey Valley course and the weather looks shyte!!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently the most accurate weather forecast is that it's gonna be the same tomorrow as it is today! 50% accurate, according to statistics..... which is better than any forecast.

Failing that...looking out the window seems to work.

Seriously...BBC

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to say BBC weather were right. They said we'd have rain this morning in the Home Counties and we did for a couple of hours. Went up the club about 11.00 and everyone was off course (hooter had gone for lightining and most had packed up and gone home). Didn't see a chance to play so went to my local AG. On the way home the sky brightened as predict by the BBC so I rushed in and grabbed my spikes and had the whole course to myself.

The course was damp but not overly wet and the greens receptive and showing signs of good growth. My golf wasn't great apart from my short game but it was great just being out.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
www.metcheck.com works for me. Occasionally wrong, but that is inevitable. Gets it spot on more often than not though.

I agree with theeaglehunter, it did say rain in Leeds around 1pm on saturday and not a drop. The BBC weather is real bad it said rain all day saturday in Leeds and it was beautiful all day.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Windy

Sorry to highjack your thread just wanted to say i played at your club in a pro/am last September then went on to Royal St Davids the next day for the next round.

When we were at Aberdovey the weather was great really enjoyed the course and was treated very well by the members there. When we were leaving someone was landing their helecopter in their garden next to the club was that you?

The next day at Royal St Davids turned out to be another story due to the weather,never played in such poor conditions.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh no - there's couple of good ones in there that I can now start to obsess about along with metcheck, BBC and weather channel that I already look at! Looks like rain for 16:45 Thursday when I'm next due out no matter which one you look at!