Releasing club down the line

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just wondering what drills I can do to help me come in shallower and release down the line? I come in slightly steep but at impact I get a bit hunched up and pull across me I suppose also lacking in body turn at release... Also I take massive divots depth wise.

Down the practice area I'm occasionally hitting off the up slope of the mound to help groove the shallower attack but still a bit sketchy on the club straight down the line on the follow through...

All this causes my inconsistent strikes if it makes sense.
If not got it by when I see the pro he is putting me on this big round thing where you swig an iron bar or something? I've seen it there but never used it so can't explain that properl

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
The out to in swing is making you to steep in the downswing hence the big divots. Sort the out to in swing and the rest should look after its selve.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. I come too shallow and go too far down the line. Since going to a one plane it is about feeling the club coming down and travelling low and left through impact. I need to try and get it flat and offset on the way back and then make a steeper swing into impact and feel on top of the ball more