Reducing carbon emissions

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are they all alone the back? The twins have to have massive seats ATM .. which are bigger than the 4 year old so the day is coming round.. prob tie in nicely with the current ev lease ending

Well no, they are all with each other.
But they fit and they are safe.

I understand, you believe your reasoning isn’t spurious because it’s your reasoning.

Other people’s reasoning may appear spurious to you but not to them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well no, they are all with each other.
But they fit and they are safe.

I understand, you believe your reasoning isn’t spurious because it’s your reasoning.

Other people’s reasoning may appear spurious to you but not to them.

There are always exceptions that prove every rule..

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are always exceptions that prove every rule..

Ah the old exception and rules statement.

Your view is as entrenched as the ones you accuse of being entrenched.

And this will be the biggest damning factor to the eco lobby, that somehow their reasoning is better and more valid than that of others.

We will just have to disagree on it and move on with our lives.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The US is second only to China in CO emissions, pumping out more than India and Russia combined. (3rd and 4th respectively) What’s your view of that? Unlike the U.K. if your nation cleaned itself up it would make a real difference.

Perhaps that's true. To this point, however, I personally haven't been put in charge of that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah the old exception and rules statement.

Your view is as entrenched as the ones you accuse of being entrenched.

And this will be the biggest damning factor to the eco lobby, that somehow their reasoning is better and more valid than that of others.

We will just have to disagree on it and move on with our lives.

If only it was so simple..everytime something eco comes along anti change decide to bash and pick holes, if only the minds would work together rather than look on the negatives constantly.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If only it was so simple..everytime something eco comes along anti change decide to bash and pick holes, if only the minds would work together rather than look on the negatives constantly.

Nothing is simple on either side of the divide. I am not anti eco but I am also not in a position to drop my current lifestyle immediately and pick up a whole new one. It will take time but it will happen.

I think you should go out tomorrow and buy an etron Audi as it eliminates your current limiting factor. I look forward to the your reports on it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Far point, but it does not explain why you keep saying it is China and India that need to do more.

Because I think per head of capita is misleading. Aussies have a small population compared with the Chinese so it can look slanted. I prefer to look at the biggest polluters by pollution created.
China, the US, India and the Russians create 55% of the worlds CO2 emissions. That’s 4 countries producing more that the rest of the world put together! So it seems pretty obvious who should be doing more.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Because I think per head of capita is misleading. Aussies have a small population compared with the Chinese so it can look slanted. I prefer to look at the biggest polluters by pollution created.
China, the US, India and the Russians create 55% of the worlds CO2 emissions. That’s 4 countries producing more that the rest of the world put together! So it seems pretty obvious who should be doing more.

Per head of capita is not relevant. It's how much in tonnes that is being produced. We need less tonnes, end of.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing is simple on either side of the divide. I am not anti eco but I am also not in a position to drop my current lifestyle immediately and pick up a whole new one. It will take time but it will happen.

I think you should go out tomorrow and buy an etron Audi as it eliminates your current limiting factor. I look forward to the your reports on it.

Afraid it's impractical. 3 isofix points but only 2 in the back across the outer 2 seats .. Mrs can't get in and out ...little one can go in front no issue we do that now we a twin behind the passenger and in middle .. however the e Tron can't safely do this only with a bodge job

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
. Per head is relevant because of the reources needed to change and the effect on wealth of that population. I am not disputing that all the very largest emitters need to change but we cannot dissolve ourselves of pur own responsibilities

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Everyone must do their bit, but it is encouraging to see that China and India have made a start, especially with over one third of the planet's population

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone must do their bit, but it is encouraging to see that China and India have made a start, especially with over one third of the planet's population

Even a start is better than nothing at all

Every single country, person etc will play their part. It's not going to be easy but their are simple changes we can all make to help out even a tiny bit , those tiny bits add up

D

Deleted member 3432

I will wait until all these billionaires reduce their carbon footprints by a factor of hundreds if not thousands before I start thinking about it.....

Of course that will never happen will it?

Hopefully all the private jets got home safely from the summit.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I will wait until all these billionaires reduce their carbon footprints by a factor of hundreds if not thousands before I start thinking about it.....

Of course that will never happen will it?

Hopefully all the private jets got home safely from the summit.

I'm sure they'll write and tell you when they've done it!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
the courses themselves are harmful to the local biosphere,
In order for golf to become green the grass should be allowed to grow on courses.
Manicuring is definitely harmful, as is fertiliser and pesticides. The real pests are the green keepers, or rather the people they are working under.
Same applies to lawns.
Also, take gardening programs off the air. Look at the harm they have done to our habitats by helping to destroy the natural balance between plant and animal biomass.[/QUOTE]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
True, but they could have signed for a phasing out (over time) rather than phase down.
These countries ( all, west , east, emerging) have to stop their power games.
Totally agree!
It has to be hammered home that we are heading to become a dead planet, maybe like Mars.
(How many of you think, as I do, that Mars once did have an atmosphere, and probably life, but something happened for it to lose it's atmosphere, and it now is what it is.)
Highly unlikely, but there'll certainly be changes to temperatures, weather and sea levels that will affect large numbers of Earth's inhabitants, somewhat ironically many of whom will be from the largest polluters!
And, from ancient memory, scientific consensus is that Mars did have an atmosphere (almost certainly not 'life' though), but it got blown away by Solar storms after it 'lost' its magnetic field protection.
It won't much affect us, but how the hell a species which can be as clever as we can be, cannot work together on this.?
Vested/Self/National interest(s)!