Reduced amount of golf focused my mind on the game

ludders

Club Champion
www.staugustinesgolfclub.co.uk
I haVe reached my target for this year I am now playing off a 12 handicap.

I put this reduction this year down to the fact that I am now back working full time so only get out once or twice a week instead of the 4/5 times I was playing, I feel I am concentrating more on my golf and not just whacking a ball round the course for the sake of it.

Anyway here's hoping for further cuts and more enjoyment of my golf:whoo::D

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a strong believer there is a good balance to be struck for the average club golfer. If we spend too much time golfing our games may get better but most of us will then start to put pressure on other parts of our lives, which ultimately ends up impacting and adversely affecting golf.

I have spent most of this summer making improvements but also going backwards as I compound errors, misunderstand my coach or not go back for a follow-up lesson soon enough. I took two weeks off and went for a lesson, never played so well since my round of 77.

Strike a balance and you will do well, neglect practice/lessons/playing and you will probably fail to reach your true potential.

I have done both too much and too little this year, next year I will strive for a better balance for lower scores!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have had spells this year when I've been committed to too much golf and I agree that you need to find the right balance. Quality practice time on the course as well as a well timed lesson is, for me, the key and has gained a 2shot cut this past couple of weeks.

Good luck with the job Ludders