Red tape, incompetence and rubbish

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I apologise in advance for this rant but...

Just called Leeds City Council regarding our black bins not been collected. For three weeks now and missed yesterday so we are looking at four weeks worth of rubbish piled in and around bins for the whole road yet they can collect on a weekly basis 300 metres away!!!

It would be ok if they said "yeah no problems we will collect as soon as" but no, there is that much red tape, crap customer service advisors who have lied and managers who have not called back its a joke. From calling them yesterday morning to report it until now nothing has happened. It wouldnt be so bad but the bloody bin men spent 8 weeks+ on strike and we went to 3 weekly collections for the black bins, do we get a rebate? do we hell we get council tax increases to pay for their lavish pensions and wages.

Rant over.

Anyone else want to start a revolution?

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The amount of your Council tax that actually goes towards refuse collection is very small something like 2p per £100 collected.
The alternative is to withhold the amount allocated for refuse collection and pay a private contractor to collect. I suspect it would work out dearer but you never know!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
The amount of your Council tax that actually goes towards refuse collection is very small something like 2p per £100 collected.
The alternative is to withhold the amount allocated for refuse collection and pay a private contractor to collect. I suspect it would work out dearer but you never know!

Its 8% of my £100 a month council tax as per the ejits on the phone.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Its 8% of my £100 a month council tax as per the ejits on the phone.

That's £8 then - for that I'll drive it to the dump myself!!!!

IMO - the civil service should be privatised. My Sister works in the civil service and from what she says I'm amazed anything ever gets done. They have to have a meeting to discuss having a meeting which will be to discuss having a meeting about a meeting held a week last Thursday which required another meeting.

Also, if a Manager wants one of their staff to do a job that isn't within their job spec it has to go to the union to be OK'd. What's all that about?? :D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes. I'm up for this.

Let's start with Cadbury.

"A source close to Cadbury said the decision had been taken with "a heavy heart" but followed advice from its investment bankers that any increase in Kraft's bid beyond 830p would succeed."

My backside. I think the £20m sweetener to be shared between all the top people brokering the deal might have swung it.

First Rover, now Cadbury.

Next we'll be finding out that Kraft are buying Cadbury with the help of Royal Bank of Scotland of something.....

- - - -

It's a jungle out there.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes. I'm up for this.

Let's start with Cadbury.

"A source close to Cadbury said the decision had been taken with "a heavy heart" but followed advice from its investment bankers that any increase in Kraft's bid beyond 830p would succeed."

My backside. I think the £20m sweetener to be shared between all the top people brokering the deal might have swung it.

First Rover, now Cadbury.

Next we'll be finding out that Kraft are buying Cadbury with the help of Royal Bank of Scotland of something.....

- - - -

It's a jungle out there.

. . . and we're still in the playground.