Recommended courses to play

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi it’s my 50th next year and was wondering if any of you guys can recommend some courses worth playing. Obviously there are the main courses that come out top every year on the best 100 etc so was thinking something not so obvious that is worth playing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Where are you based?
Not to recommend courses in that area, but not ones 'the other end of the country'.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ganton & Moortown and Moortown & Alwoodley are offering a 2 round, one night offer that are worth looking at. All 3 are lovely courses and a combination of any 2 is well worth it. Also, likely to be within 2hours of the NW so well located.

If you are happy to spend more then a trip to Gleneagles is pretty tasty. Stay in the hotel for a real treat or just play golf there and stay down the road in The Duchally Estate to keep costs down a little.

If the above are all still too obvious then please advise and I will try next level down (y)

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Ganton & Moortown and Moortown & Alwoodley are offering a 2 round, one night offer that are worth looking at. All 3 are lovely courses and a combination of any 2 is well worth it. Also, likely to be within 2hours of the NW so well located.

If you are happy to spend more then a trip to Gleneagles is pretty tasty. Stay in the hotel for a real treat or just play golf there and stay down the road in The Duchally Estate to keep costs down a little.

If the above are all still too obvious then please advise and I will try next level down (y)
Very nice ideas, I actually think I may have access to play Gleneagles through a friend

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
The Yorkshire courses are definitely worth a few days. I would also recommend Silloth in Cumbria. Could also play Southerness, round the corner in Scotland, or Seascale or Windermere.
Played Silloth a few times, love it but fancy somewhere I haven’t played

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
BTW, Trump rate for summer is £395 for a round on the Ailsa.

Highly recommend coming up to East Lothian.

Plenty great courses and many like Dunbar (twilight especially), Gullane 2 & 3, Kilspindie. Would say (don't mean to offend) that North Berwick West and Gullane 1 are overpriced.

Goswick by Berwick is superb too.
You can get a package of Dunbar, Goswick and the Roxburghe through the clubs for an excellent price.

D

Deleted member 23270

Goswick by Berwick is superb too.
You can get a package of Dunbar, Goswick and the Roxburghe through the clubs for an excellent price.
Didn't know this, thanks for posting ?