Recommendations of where to stay

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Going up to play Hollinwell and Sherwood Forest in May - any recommendations for where to consider staying would be appreciated.
Depends what you want from your stay. They aren’t in particularly nice areas, so you may not wish to stay nearby if you fancy a nice night out. For that, Nottingham itself would be a better bet. Otherwise Mansfield is your closest town.

RichA

Visit site
I was born and bred within 5 miles of Hollinwell. Haven't lived there since the 80s but I'm still up there visiting my dad every week.
There are a few 💩hole towns nearby but the area generally is actually very nice.
I would suggest AirBnB or a pub with accommodation in one of the nearby smaller villages.
Google maps and the AirBnb app will be your best bet.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Going up to play Hollinwell and Sherwood Forest in May - any recommendations for where to consider staying would be appreciated.
Slap bang in the middle is Mansfield, they have just built a travel lodge. Its probably as good a place to stay With parking. 20 seconds walk from there is Victoria Tandoori. A very good curry house indeed. From the Travel lodge it is a max 10 minutes to either course. A few nice places to eat in Mansfield.
Do Not stay in the Midland Hotel 😖

DonRixon

Banned
Visit site
Slap bang in the middle is Mansfield, they have just built a travel lodge. Its probably as good a place to stay With parking. 20 seconds walk from there is Victoria Tandoori. A very good curry house indeed. From the Travel lodge it is a max 10 minutes to either course. A few nice places to eat in Mansfield.
Do Not stay in the Midland Hotel 😖
Theres really no need to look elsewhere.