recommend me some irons.. SGI or GI

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
right, been debating it a while and decided to change irons soon, selling a load of my fishing gear and pc bits and bobs on ebay to fund the change (and my irons afterwards)

currently have titleist 775cb forged, reg shaft 3-pw but looking for something more forgiving

the main ones that have caught my eye are...

Callaway X18 / X20
Ping G10 / G15 (both hard to get in standard loft/lie though as most are custom jobs so how easy to get changed?)
Nike VR full cavity
Mizuno Mx200/300

any others worth looking at (price will be around 200-250 max), its going to be hard to try these clubs though due to lack of availability in shops so not sure how to find out which suits me and so forth so again suggestions welcome

thanks in advance chaps :)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
had a few hits with a friends G10's the other day and whilst being chunkier than mine felt lovely and do like the look of the x18/20's

just felt I need something a bit more forgiving, I have hit some lovely with these but too many bad ones, I know it isnt just the clubs especially with my recent ramblings about playing cack ;)

I'm like a kid in a sweet shop lol

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
right, been debating it a while and decided to change irons soon, selling a load of my fishing gear and pc bits and bobs on ebay to fund the change (and my irons afterwards)

currently have titleist 775cb forged, reg shaft 3-pw but looking for something more forgiving

the main ones that have caught my eye are...

Callaway X18 / X20
Ping G10 / G15 (both hard to get in standard loft/lie though as most are custom jobs so how easy to get changed?)
Nike VR full cavity
Mizuno Mx200/300

any others worth looking at (price will be around 200-250 max), its going to be hard to try these clubs though due to lack of availability in shops so not sure how to find out which suits me and so forth so again suggestions welcome

thanks in advance chaps :)

MX 200 for me. You should be able to get a bargain.

I've hit the others or similar previous models and the Mizunos are the stand out imo. I've had mine in the bag for 3 years and the only reason I will change is maybe to try some jpx 800 pros this winter.

It is really subjective however so you need to find a place where you can hit some side by side on a range. I don't have much faith in trackman etc without an eyeball comparision.

re the Pings, I believe Ping will correct the lie FOC if you send them away. However the G range don't look that pretty, so if thats important the mx 200/300 may be a compromise.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually didnt mind the look of the pings so 'fat' clubs dont bother me too much, infact I actually felt quite confident over them. Had a hit with RickG's 800 pro's, not for me yet but lovely looking clubs

might have to pop up american golf and direct golf and give a few a blast or some newer models to compare

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had Ping G10's for a while and didn't like the feel off the clubface. Father In law has the Callaway x20 and they are really nice to hit and do look nice. Try your local AG they may have a set of x22's going quite cheap. Tried MX100 but not the 200. Mx100 are cast not forged like the 200 but they do feel powerful off the face but hit the ball far too high for me. For your budget I would also maybe look at Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl which will be new or the Taylormade Burner 1.0

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
x18/x20 for me seem to be the easiest clubs in the world to hit, st mellion have just ripped off teh old x18 design and our range is doing these at £99 a set. but you would get used x18 for around that.