New Grip time, all or some?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough i just bought grips today.

I was toying between buying 9 or 13 and went for the 13 and do most of my clubs to make them all the same as I have 4 left over from last time anyway.

I have to say, Adore grips is brilliant. Placed my order at 11.20 and they were shipped at 12.10. Cost £65 for 13 grips and tape

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Funnily enough i just bought grips today.

I was toying between buying 9 or 13 and went for the 13 and do most of my clubs to make them all the same as I have 4 left over from last time anyway.

I have to say, Adore grips is brilliant. Placed my order at 11.20 and they were shipped at 12.10. Cost £65 for 13 grips and tape
I've heard so many good things about them, nice to hear. I would use them, they aren't too far away, but I won a voucher to use in a nearby pro shop recently and so I am going to get them done there.

YandaB

Visit site
I'd just get the ones you need doing. If you do decide to get new ones soon then there should still be grips available to get the extra ones done to make up the set. If you don't sell them for some time then you can then regrip them all together with whatever grips are available at the time.

sunshine

Visit site
Ha ha, the kebab. To be fair it's so long since I bought a kebab I'm afraid to work out what era I'm thinking of. I reckon each grip will cost £8-£10. Is that what a kebab costs now?

Sounds like expensive grips, for £8-10 that's a large lamb shish. Tour velvet are much cheaper, more in line with a medium doner. ;)

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The grips on my irons have become pretty smooth and so the time has come to get them re-done. I know plenty on here like to do their own but let's forget that, I will be taking them in somewhere. I only use 7, 8, 9 and PW from the set, 5 & 6 sit in the garage.

I'm curious. What's the yardage gap between your hybrid and your 7 iron? Does that cause you issues?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm curious. What's the yardage gap between your hybrid and your 7 iron? Does that cause you issues?
Not the way I hit it :LOL:. I hit my 7 iron around 130-135. I hit my 23° hybrid about 150 but I can swing easy, 3/4 swing, and take something off it if needs be.

I find the longer the iron the greater the urge to swing harder. When I do that the success rate dips alarmingly. I know the answer is don't swing hard but I find that easier said than done. For a 140-150 distance I can relax and swing my hybrids easily and the stupid part of my brain does not kick in.

Based on this, you will not find it tricky to realise that the problems in my game are distance, 2nd shots, rather than the short stuff.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
All have to match for my OCD, benefits me to as I don’t play with settings from what I was custom fit to. Except for Mavrik I can still play with that if I desire.

Midsize MCC+4 aligns with 2 layers of extra tape in all clubs except wedges which are just midsize. Should probably get the putter regripped to match, an align grip would be helpful to some I’d imagine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All have to match for my OCD, benefits me to as I don’t play with settings from what I was custom fit to. Except for Mavrik I can still play with that if I desire.

Midsize MCC+4 aligns with 2 layers of extra tape in all clubs except wedges which are just midsize. Should probably get the putter regripped to match, an align grip would be helpful to some I’d imagine.

I think you are similar to me and there is a big degree of OCD about having clubs with different grips and so I need my irons to be fitted with one grip throughout. I can have a different grip on the woods and hybrids but again they all have to match.