Recommend me golf shoes that don’t fall to bits!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our place does Puma, FJ and GFORE. Heard a lot of moans about Puma - I have a pair of Titan Ignites from 2017/18 that have never fallen apart but I've tried their spikeless and they are good for comfort but rubbish for golf. FJ's - no complaints from me. G-FORE look funky and cool never tried them and the price somewhat puts me off.

My only complaint about Adidas is that I find they come up tight so I have to up a size.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have tried various shoes but as a general rule of thumb, the ones which have fabric linings have tnded to wear faster than those with leather linings.
Also, if you find your shoes are moving and that is causing this wear, you could try some with the BOA system fitted. That pulls the shoe tight in a more even manner.
In terms of brands, I would say Skechers are pretty solid in the wear. Footjoys will vary depending on the model you buy. Adidias can be really comfy but you have to be really careful with the sizing.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
interestingly - is it a thing in golf shoes for the inner heal to wear out? happened on a few of mine and seems to be common from the above. have to patch up with those stick in cushion pads.

I've tried that. Christ the blisters!!! Nope I'm told that Timpsons can repair this for about £7 so seeing the price of shoes atm I'm gonna let them have a go

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Shoes, particularly Golf ones, are very 'personal'!
Footjoy and Echo seem fine for me, so I'm happy to buy them either as Sale items or via Ebay. Have more than enough scattered about, so no need for more for quite a while!
Adidas seem too narrow/small for specified size and my 1 bad experience put me off them.
Not tried Sketchers, but only heard good things about them.Designed in USA (made in China), so probably cater for 'heavier' use better than the likes of Adidas, Puma or Ecco.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best way to make golf shoes last is to rotate through a few pairs. I know that sounds really simple.
Also look after them, let them air after use, clean them and use shoe horns (you can get cheap one from ebay for a tenner)
I have golf shoes that are 3-4 seasons old and still look as good as new.

Northern Monkey

Visit site
I have a pair of under armour hovr and love them. Really comfortable, waterproof and come in a wide fit. They’re the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever had

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've had loads of pairs of different FJ's and have never had a problem with any of them. Fit straight out of the box and never give blisters.
They are the only make I will buy with 100% confidence they'll fit. And I've never had any fall apart either.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not a big fatty! ?
It only happens in my golf shoes, no others.
Never tried Ecco’s, will give them a go!
I paid £159 for my Adidas so no stranger to paying a bit for quality. Just hope they last longer!
You say it only happens in your golf shoes, but how often do you walk through wet grass etc in your street shoes. I'm sure that has a bit of an effect on golf shoes. My golf shoes always wear inside at the heel regardless of the make.

Mandofred

Visit site
In the last 5 years I've had 3 pair of FJ.....the cheapest at around £45 were the best. The ones well over £100 fell apart after just over a year...heel seperated from sole on both.....and one of them wore on the side panels and was letting in water. Tried Ecco......felt great......fell apart on the 1 year mark. Currently on a cheapish Sketchers spikeless waterproof.....going to buy another pair by the end of summer. Not planning on any more expensive shoes. I do have a pair of 360's from 3? years ago that I still have.....they weren't very comfortable....but they seemed to be bulletproof.....haven't worn them since I got the Sketchers.

LegendOle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not sure about durability but bought a pair of FJ Pro SLs about 8 weeks ago and they are absolutely destroying my feet. Every single round I am coming off with blisters and cut feet on both sides. Had tried to persevere and "break them in" due to how much they cost but finally given up the ghost. Might give Skechers a go as most folk rave about how comfortable they are.

TigerBear

Visit site
Our place does Puma, FJ and GFORE. Heard a lot of moans about Puma - I have a pair of Titan Ignites from 2017/18 that have never fallen apart but I've tried their spikeless and they are good for comfort but rubbish for golf. FJ's - no complaints from me. G-FORE look funky and cool never tried them and the price somewhat puts me off.

My only complaint about Adidas is that I find they come up tight so I have to up a size.

If you're going through shoes that quickly then you need to get measured up and not just size.

For years I was the same, constantly went through shoes every year.

Turns out my feet are extra wide and was wearing regular width shoes.

Started wearing the extra wide shoes, hey presto, current shoes are 18 months and going strong!

TogoPresley

Visit site
I am very particular about golf shoes. I have had numerous knee and ankle surgery and seem prone to bad blisters - I should own shares in Compeed.

My current shoes are the best I have owned - Under Armour Spieth 4. I tried to get another pair as soon as I tried them, but no UK stock in my size. The Spieth 5 are supposed to be great, but don't have studs.

Prior to that I have owned lots of Ecco, they are very good apart from their Cage shoes which were lethal. I blistered horribly. They last pretty well and largely stay dry.

Skechers were comfy but fell apart in 12-months. FJ are good but bit conservatively styled for my liking. Nike always blistered me. Adidas hit and miss.

I will try Spieth 5s and if they are half as good as Spieth 4 then it's goodbye Ecco.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you're going through shoes that quickly then you need to get measured up and not just size.

For years I was the same, constantly went through shoes every year.

Turns out my feet are extra wide and was wearing regular width shoes.

Started wearing the extra wide shoes, hey presto, current shoes are 18 months and going strong!

I don't cycle through golf shoes often, I just happen to have 6 pairs of Golf shoes. As I have a pair of adidas spikeless in white, I brought a pair of Nike Rosche when they were £20 at lillywhites, a pair of FJ Hyperflex which I brought a month before I got the GM Puma clothing opportunity and ended up with 3 pairs of shoes from Puma.

The spiked shoes have lasted very well, I would like some new spikeless as my Adidas and Nike are looking very worn.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
In an Ecco fan, great shoes, have been able to wear straight out the box, I've side rest and the older bio m are best for me have at least 8 pairs. I have the same problem as you, I tend to wear the back of the heel on everthing, including my good shoes. On the ecc o it only appears to be the lining. Tried heel grips that worked

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most people have different size feet.
Mine are 9 and 10.
So the one that’s small is the one that wears the heel out, to much movement.
As you need the bigger size to accommodate your larger foot
A brannock machine will measure your feet and Footjoy do made to measure shoes.
Best I have ever had.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure about durability but bought a pair of FJ Pro SLs about 8 weeks ago and they are absolutely destroying my feet. Every single round I am coming off with blisters and cut feet on both sides. Had tried to persevere and "break them in" due to how much they cost but finally given up the ghost. Might give Skechers a go as most folk rave about how comfortable they are.
This happened to me when I first got my pair. I changed the insoles out for some Currex golf-specific ones as the FJ ones are very thick. After a few rounds I went back to the FJ ones and wore them whilst sat at my desk for a couple of days and they're fine. I keep shoes trees in them when they aren't being worn