Really good lesson today....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Every pro has to give a lesson to a member of the public in front of an instructor as part of their final exams at the Belfry. If you dont ask about the golfers health/fitness/physical limitations, it's an automatic fail.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well done Smiffy. Glad it worked for you and as I've said on here often enough, it's amazing to see the swing on screen and how small tweaks can seem as massive change but produce such different shots so quickly. I hope you get the swing working nicely and you have a good season in 2015

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Every pro has to give a lesson to a member of the public in front of an instructor as part of their final exams at the Belfry. If you dont ask about the golfers health/fitness/physical limitations, it's an automatic fail.

I had my game wrecked early in the year by a pro, who teaches kids at a very high level, who tried to change my swing and make me do moves that you'd never be able to do with 2 replaced hips and a left knee reconstruction and when I told him that I just couldn't do it without pain and a knee swollen double the size after 3 holes, he still insisted that I needed to make the changes to improve!

I ditched him eventually, saw my old coach and recently shot my best round ever rounds. I feel, bar the odd round, I'm now striking the ball the best I've ever done and hope for a good handicap cut next season

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

As per Chrisd's post....

Doesn't stop (some of) them ignoring the replies though!

A guy I know explained his issues to several 'celebrity' coaches - he's obscenely wealthy! - but they continued to try to get him into positions he simply wasn't capable of! A well qualified 'normal' Pro worked around his (neck/upper spine) issue and he re-acquired his enthusiasm for the game - no pain and better results!

@Smiffy. Good to note your enthusiasm returning too!

Last edited: