Reading Golf Club Greens Vandalised

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

FEB48D35-4C72-4AB4-9508-DDC00AC45A8E.jpeg

😡

Seems that someone has been spreading false news about Reading and someone has done this

D

Deleted member 25172

WHat are those false news that you believe may have caused this?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How would you do that?

Badgers roll up the turf. To do that manually, is pretty hard. To do it with that level of consistency?

Nah, it is badgers.

D

Deleted member 15344

How would you do that?

Badgers roll up the turf. To do that manually, is pretty hard. To do it with that level of consistency?

Nah, it is badgers.
It’s not badgers - the cut is too clean and sharp , the greenkeepers know when it’s not badgers. And it’s also very rare that badgers go at greens - it’s more fairways , plus it’s too late in the year now for them to be hunting for the bugs.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
It’s not badgers - the cut is too clean and sharp , the greenkeepers know when it’s not badgers. And it’s also very rare that badgers go at greens - it’s more fairways , plus it’s too late in the year now for them to be hunting for the bugs.

Maybe the badgers raided the green keepers shed beforehand and went tooled up

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Having read through twitter I reckon it’s a current member. I’d maybe keep an eye on those who voted against the sale.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are they taking over CH, or just becoming members there? Played there a few times last year and it was always quiet, CH that is.

They are taking it over and the memberships are merging under the name of Reading I believe. This would be Reading's second wholesale move as the club was originally in Tilehurst but moved a very long time ago.

It's a shame as I have played Reading many times and always enjoy it. I know many members there and I will miss its passing.

Several other clubs in the area all going too to make way for housing developments. Maidenhead and Basingstoke both really nice tracks.

Last edited: