Reading Golf Club Greens Vandalised

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
They are taking it over and the memberships are merging under the name of Reading I believe. This would be Reading's second wholesale move as the club was originally in Tilehurst but moved a very long time ago.

It's a shame as I have played Reading many times and always enjoy it. I know many members there and I will miss its passing.

Several other clubs in the area all going too to make way for housing developments. Maidenhead and Basingstoke both really nice tracks.
I was a member for five years as a junior. Nice course, though it could get wet in the winter. Hope to get another game there before it closes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They are taking it over and the memberships are merging under the name of Reading I believe. This would be Reading's second wholesale move as the club was originally in Tilehurst but moved a very long time ago.

It's a shame as I have played Reading many times and always enjoy it. I know many members there and I will miss its passing.

Several other clubs in the area all going too to make way for housing developments. Maidenhead and Basingstoke both really nice tracks.
Effectively Reading GC took over the operating costs from 1st January according to the Caversham Heath guys we spoke to in our club match a few months back

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Effectively Reading GC took over the operating costs from 1st January according to the Caversham Heath guys we spoke to in our club match a few months back

Yes I believe documents were all signed back in April or possibly even March. There is also to be some remodelling of the CH course.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played here yesterday and you would simply never know the 14th green had been vandalised.

Exceptional repair job by the green staff and in such a quick time too.

Well done! Brilliant.

Last edited:

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Played here yesterday and you would simply never know the 14th green had been vandalised.

Exceptional repair job by the green staff and in such a quick time too.

Well done! Brilliant.

I played there last week and meant to come back to this thread and say the same thing... excellent work to fix the damage so well (I thought the rest of the course was in pretty good nick also)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking forward to playing my old course tomorrow.(y)
I played there last week and meant to come back to this thread and say the same thing... excellent work to fix the damage so well (I thought the rest of the course was in pretty good nick also)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
How did you get on Richard? Forgot to check if your name was still on the Honours Board but perhaps it's been removed after the rather unfortunate incident that happened in the bushes that time.:eek:
Course was in great condition, and those bushes have grown in to wopping big trees. Course seemed a lot tighter than I remember, and I played absolute rubbish, and Laurie thumped me. Will be a real shame if the course closes.

Looking forward to our game at Calcot Park. Perhaps we can get Laurie involved and sort out a mini forum meet ?

Honours board don’t go back to 1977.:)