reader test panel

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Echtloon

Have you actually stopped to think that maybe all the kit tested is liked by the person testing it? And although I can't put my finger on any, I'm sure there have been plenty of "Sorry -not staying in my bag" comments. Your's for example and a driver this month(Atticus?) so they do exist. Vig's comment on his wedge was not gush because he got a freebie. "Change the grips and they may stay" was the impression I got from that - not "oooh these are wonderful Thank You so much GM and Benross, I'll be forever in your debt!"

I think its a worthwhile section for the magazine and wouldn't want it to disappear. The range of products tested makes it a good read. I've signed up for testing as I want to contribute to the mag and to the forum - rest assured if I get to test something and I don't like it, you won't find me gushing. Just being honest.

At the end of the day Echt - if you don't like the section then don't read it.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Harry.

I've found a useful little addition to the site.

Click on 'user list' select the user or forumer. Click on their username. At the bottom of that section is a 'ignore this user' button. If you click on that, all you'll see from that poster is the fact that they've posted, but no body of text.

If you wish to not read anymore of someones posts, then this is a very useful function.

I really don't care if Echtloon wants to continue. I've said it's over in the original 'Negative reader reviews' thread.

So if anyone is wondering why I'm not part-taking in any more games it's just because I can't actually see whats's been written.

Ah. Peace at last.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Have you ever got anything any good to say?

All I have seen is you putting the magazine to all love or other members of this forum down!
Read more than just two threads then Harry, you'll find plenty things of a positive ilk, a selection below that took me 10 seconds to find.

This is a golf forum, and just because it is GM's own forum, I see no need for the sycophantic nonsense posted by some. Is free and critical thinking now banned? I have created ONE thread questioning a single regular feature in the magazine. There have been plenty of times in the past when others have done the same, so why is there so much wringing of hands this time? Well, from the quotes in the other thread it's pretty clear why.

And let's just be clear here, I wasn't 'putting down the magazine', I was questioning why it appears that reader reviews are always positive?

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/138114/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/2

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/138427/an/0/page/0#138427

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/138305/an/0/page/0#138305

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/124618/an/0/page/0#124618

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/129688/an/0/page/0#129688

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What a load of utter pish. What you have said is exactly what is wrong with this country today. Never mind if it is any good, as long as I get something for nothing! Hand out looking for a freebie, with no thought to the contribution that you won't have to bother making. Just goes to show that in this country some people will do anything, defend anything, as long as FREE is involved for them somewhere along the way.

What an enormous Richard.

I could explain how appalling your logic is and how massive the leaps are that you make, but I feel it would be a waste of my time.

Keep taking the pills son, they'll kick in eventually.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I gave a 'I doubt it will be staying in my bag' and a few mark downs on the product.....I still have it but aint used it in months in fact my Pa has had more use out of it but it is kept incase I start struggling with my own flatstick.

I think that from my point of view alot of the reviews that are positives are influenced by the fact it hasn't cost the reviewer a penny.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have I entered at a bad time?

I think that if it is at all possible for GM forum to make posts stay at the top on the basis of interest (most visited or posted on) this will make things much better to follow and all the briefly interesting stuff can slowly disappear without affecting popularity. I too have been on other forums where the most popular threads stay at the top, this is very handy in many ways. Failing this, at least having threads staying put as a new one for a limited period would also be a good idea I think.

As far as the positive question on reviews goes, I think this is true to a degree. Which is probably why those of us who are prepared to be negative if required, rarely get the review jobs :D :D