re-shafting irons

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It all sounds like a bit of a mess to me. It also sounds like your pro is not an authorised Titleist retailer either, otherwise the work and any adjustments would be guaranteed and free to alter if they were wrong. From the sound of it, your AP2's were hastily bought and sold on to you without any level of expertise. It just goes to show it pays to use authorised routes for buying high end equipment, because you have found out to your own personal cost that you have been ripped off and out of pocket to make it right. I hope it works out for you.

im furious

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
pro offered to adjust lie for me free in his workshop. Sorry but no thanks, Titleist uk did not want to know when i phoned them told me to go see a titleist retailer
Then take those results to the pro who did the fitting and he should adjust them

Scary! We agree again! :rofl:

Your 'contract' of sale is with the Pro who sold them to you. So you have to go back to him, not direct to Titleist. Is he an Authorised Titleist Retailer? If you do anything else, then it's at your cost and you have no recourse! You MAY be able to take them to another Authorised Titleist Retailer, but I'm not certain.

When did you buy them? Has your swing changed since then? I remember you posting a great Comp result a while ago. Was that with these clubs?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmm.. We're you swinging around 89 mph when fitted? You would have to be one smooth swinger at that speed for the XP to be a good shaft for you even is S300. I had the XP S300 in some irons some years back. Nasty high rainbow flight, hated it and got them reshafted. I swing at about 84 and the XP S300 felt easy.

XP is a light shaft, made to help increase swing speed..... You swing quick, no need for a light shaft?!

On the face of it a very random fit! I know from my own tests that swing speed is not suddenly more than about 3 mph in either direction from day to day. Would you describe yourself as a smooth swinger?