RE: Irons Dilemma- the decision.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
the irons are definitely worth a look as is the 3 wood (I've nevr tried the driver so can't comment but am sure it will be just as good), the irons do exactly what Ping claim. The only bit I would ignore is the bit about the insert at the back improving feel to make them the best feeling cast irons, I have never used cast irons before so can't really judge, but compared to my forged macgregors the feel is crap. I'm willing to sacrifice this as they were so consistent in terms of ball flight on off centre hits. I will miss the feel of the well struck blade but am sure I'll live to see the benefits of my decision.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
good point, I would be as well actually. At adress the i10 is noticeably smaller (which appealed to me) but the pro who fitted me said to not even bother with it, don't know why. One other person I have spoken to said that unless you are a very good player you will not notice the benefits the i10 can brign and olny suffer on the forgiveness it doesn't bring. Quite a few people have said that even single figure handicapper still go for the g10 as it is not really worth them getting the i10. If you do compare them, let me know how you get on.