Re-gripping golf clubs

Spoon

Visit site
The hole is there for all the air to escape when you put the grip on though.

With regards heating the old tape to get it off, a hairdryer will be fine on graphite, don't use a heatgun though unless you want to melt the shaft ?

Yeh, you don't leave the plug in, you take it off after pouring the solvent over the tape and before pushing grip on. Probably should have mentioned that. :/

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tips
If you use a vice have the club slightly heads up so that the solvent runs towards the butt and not down the shaft towards the head.
If you are doing it in the garden try to keep out of the sun as the solvent drys too quickly and try to do it during a cooler part of the day.
Do one grip first and check it is the thickness you want before doing another.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeh, you don't leave the plug in, you take it off after pouring the solvent over the tape and before pushing grip on. Probably should have mentioned that. :/

I have nothing in the hole at the end and let the solvent run out of the hole to better control where it goes.

Spoon

Visit site
I have nothing in the hole at the end and let the solvent run out of the hole to better control where it goes.

Whereas I'm a 'pinch the other end into a spout and pour it out that way' kind of guy. Think that's just the way I learnt it... Possibly from a YouTube video.

As a great philosopher once said, 'there's more than one way to grip a golf club' :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whereas I'm a 'pinch the other end into a spout and pour it out that way' kind of guy. Think that's just the way I learnt it... Possibly from a YouTube video.

As a great philosopher once said, 'there's more than one way to grip a golf club' :)

:LOL: At the quote

I learnt from a nice set of instructions given to me with a set of grips back in the days before t YouTube existed.

I have learnt an awful lot of other stuff courtesy of YouTube. It has replaced my Readers Digest 'How To' Manual

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I used to use the one inch tape and twist it round.
Half fill the grip with white spirit, shake and pour back in the bottle.
Then dip the taped end into the bottle and shake. Less mess.
Finally, check you have pushed the grip all the way on and dont stretch the grip when you fit it.