RCP - idiots again.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A hole in one prize at the local municipal?

Seriously, RCP is one of my very favourite courses, such a shame that people do these sort of things

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If your ball finishes in in or on the vehicle you ball has not yet come to rest on the course therefore you have to pick up the ball, move the vehicle and drop at the point where you estimate to be directly under where the ball lay.

Best of lucko_O

No you do not; you abandon that ball and drop another. There are some extremely unpleasant substances in burnt out vehicles and if you've got any sense you won't be putting your hands anywhere near it without protection, & I don't mean a golf glove.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No you do not; you abandon that ball and drop another. There are some extremely unpleasant substances in burnt out vehicles and if you've got any sense you won't be putting your hands anywhere near it without protection, & I don't mean a golf glove.

Condom?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

missing the sense of humour then.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I nearly added "and I don't mean a prophylactic before the usual suspects chime in" but thought that might diminish the message so didn't. Obviously I should have done. :rolleyes:

Health & safety issues with nuisance parking or abandoned vehicles are costly. Abandoned vehicles present a range of health & safety risks, including;
  • Burnt out vehicles produce materials called fluoroelastomers which turn into a highly corrosive acid, hydrofluoric acid, which is virtually impossible to remove from the ski
In addition to being a highly corrosive liquid, hydrofluoric acid is also a powerful contact poison. Because of the ability of hydrofluoric acid to penetrate tissue, poisoning can occur readily through exposure of skin or eyes, or when inhaled or swallowed. Symptoms of exposure to hydrofluoric acid may not be immediately evident, and this can provide false reassurance to victims, causing them to delay medical treatment. Despite having an irritating odor, HF may reach dangerous levels without an obvious odor. HF interferes with nerve function, meaning that burns may not initially be painful. Accidental exposures can go unnoticed, delaying treatment and increasing the extent and seriousness of the injury. Symptoms of HF exposure include irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, and throat, eye and skin burns, rhinitis, bronchitis, pulmonary edema (fluid buildup in the lungs), and bone damage.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
missing the sense of humour then.

Perhaps if you'd seen the damage that this :poop: does to people then you'd realise that the post was made for good reason. :rolleyes:

I used to have to carry a specific gel as first aid for people who'd come into contact with this stuff, hence I fail to see the humour in telling people they'd have to retrieve a golf ball from it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Terrible. Is this not the first time RCP has been singled out? I get you can't protect all courses but this seems to be an increasing problem. Is it merely a case of being so isolated these neanderthals can do what they like and know they won't be caught