Rangefinders or gps

Neeko1988

Visit site
I’ve had both for years and now prefer my bushnell rangefinder by a mile. Slope function is brilliant and I can zap any obstacle, hazard etc needed.

My PP’s all use gps watches and are constantly asking me to zap things or give them exact yardages.

I wouldn’t be without it

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
GPS. Have occasionally tried using a PP's rangefinder but never seem to be able to hold it steady enough. Anyhow, my ability is such that accuracy to within a few yards is enough - I don't need accuracy to the yard. (Some might unkindly say that provided it tells me the right county ...)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have both.
Nearly always use GPS (previously Hole19 on my apple watch but just got a shotscope V3), but maybe once or twice a round ill use my laser - sometimes for a wedge where its hard to see if its front or back, or if sometimes the GPS doesnt look right

On hole19, can you use the app with the phone in airplane mode. I like to play golf with my phone off

peld

Visit site
On hole19, can you use the app with the phone in airplane mode. I like to play golf with my phone off
Airplane mode switches the GPS off doesnt it?

However you can just select the app to use Watch GPS (which i do), so your phone stays in your bag leaving you undistracted

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Never used GPS but am a convert to use of a Rangefinder and I find it especially invaluable for nailing down yardages for wedge distances. As a result my accuracy to flag has improved hugely.