Range Balls vs Regular Balls

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
At my local range the balls they use are Callaways which weigh 80% the weight of a regular ball, meaning they don't fly as far (so they don't fly out the end of the range when the big hitters are hitting driver). However, what will the distance be with my regular ball compared to the range balls (I use Titleist NXT Tour S)? Is it simply that teh range balls will fly 80% of the distance of my balls, or is it more complicated than that?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive found with the ones at the driving range here are sim distances up to 120 yards, then, the distance deceases the more club you use..

not sure how though??

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At my local range the balls they use are Callaways which weigh 80% the weight of a regular ball, meaning they don't fly as far (so they don't fly out the end of the range when the big hitters are hitting driver). However, what will the distance be with my regular ball compared to the range balls (I use Titleist NXT Tour S)? Is it simply that teh range balls will fly 80% of the distance of my balls, or is it more complicated than that?

Suggestion - Ask the guys at the range or better still the person that orders them, what the balls do/are etc, then you'll know!

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting! I went to the range last night for the first time in about ten years (!) - I couldn't work out why I was down on distance. Now I know!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who told you range balls are 20% lighter? We use Callaway, Srixon and various others and they all weigh the same as a standard golf ball.

G

guest100718

they vary from range to range and often the 150 sign is more like 120....