Radius putters

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a quick one to see if anyone ever gamed a Radius putter? £49 for a few of the models at Scottsdale golf, just wondered what the quality was like?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clubhouse golf did a similar deal 18 months or so ago. I chanced my arm and bought one.

They are well made, the balance of them is nice, putter face is very good, really decent finish on it. Good grips on them as well (horrible head cover so don't have high expectations there).

I used mine for about 6 months and then traded it in. Nothing wrong with the putter, it was just too light for me. My course has slow greens and the light putter didn't suit it. I found myself having to hit the ball too hard instead of allowing the putter to do the work. (this may not be technically correct but it is how I found it). Had I played on a course with fast greens I suspect I would have kept it.

All in all, a very good putter for the price but when you buy online you don't get to try the weight and that did for me. If you see one you like then go for it, they are a more than decent putter.

D

Deleted member 18588

There are/were several different ranges.

Personally I use the Thames model from the Linea range and am absolutely delighted with it. The quality and consistency of the milling is spot on.

The balance and feel is great, certainly mine is not light but, as I say, there are several ranges.

Oh, the magnetic headcover supplied with mine is fine.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
MM - Mine was a Classic, number 7 I think. I hope I was clear, it was my issue not the club. There are different ranges, different models, so you need to choose the correct type for you. I wish I had been in a shop, tried them all out. If I could have got the same type with a bit more weight in it I would still be using it now as I loved the rest of it. Perhaps if I had tried the Thames range it would have been better for me.

The head cover that came with mine was a psychedlic, shiny plastic thing straight out of the 70's. It was the sort of material you found in a 70's car and burnt your legs on in a hot summer. I expect they were quickly used and the design and type never re-ordered.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was looking at the Wye CS but the problem remains, I can't try before purchase. At £49.95 , worth taking a punt tho! Thanks for responses

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dankiz, I traded mine in at a 2nd hand golf shop for my current putter and they gave me £35. I lost £15 on a putter I had 6 months out of, although as always with putters there was barely a mark on it. In effect, £15 on a punt. That is worth it to me, not really a big gamble. If it works for you they are cracking putters and it is an absolute bargain. If not you buy another putter, trade the Radius in or put in on ebay. It is not as if it is a putter that is costing you £150-£200 where the hit could be bigger.

Looking on the Scottsdale site you even get a free cap with it and they look pretty good!

If you buy one, post back and let us know how you find it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
“gamed”..?
An 'americanism'! Past tense of the verb 'to game'; Noun...'Gamer'!

As for Radius putters, I have a centre-shafted Linea that works fine - that price rings a bell too. Good build quality and really good balance. Several memorable long distance putts to gimmee/kick-in distance when last used, including one on the 18th to win. From memory, these are 'designed in UK' and CNC milled/built in Japan - pretty sure by Kyoei (whose 'house brand' is Vega so pretty decent quality). Nothing has succeeded in knocking my long-time 'gamer', albeit fugly, Bettinardi Baby Bee out of the bag though! .

Last edited: