Racism in sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
So...Your 'faith/belief' that there is no (such thing as) God(s) is no different to the faith of others who believe that God(s) exist(s)!
Watch out for the teapot next time you travel btw!
No, there is no evidence of a "god", that's not faith, that's a fact unless proven otherwise, and despite all the religions of the world claiming to have a "god", not one ever has been able to show any evidience. It's not up to me to prove there's no god, it's up to those who say there is to prove it. Obviously

You seem not just to be struggling with the concept of "god" but also what constitutes proof.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No, there is no evidence of a "god", that's not faith, that's a fact unless proven otherwise, and despite all the religions of the world claiming to have a "god", not one ever has been able to show any evidience. It's not up to me to prove there's no god, it's up to those who say there is to prove it. Obviously

You seem not just to be struggling with the concept of "god" but also what constitutes proof.

I'd go as far as to say that the evidence that there is no God is that the devastation that Covid has caused would have been easy to stop had a "God" been looking over us, and cared to act

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Without wanting to be that person, I'll be that person. The thread is racism in sport, not religion in sport or life. Start another thread about religion,..........(or don't)

Best advice. (y)

I think discussing religion should be on the banned list with Politics. No ground is ever conceded and it just descends into a bitter argument.

Also throughout history there have been up to 8/12000 different Gods but only yours is the real one? :LOL:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Best advice. (y)

I think discussing religion should be on the banned list

Wouldn't argue with that.

with Politics. No ground is ever conceded and it just descends into a bitter argument.

Also throughout history there have been up to 8/12000 different Gods but only yours is the real one? :LOL:

No; those that were debating it sensibly should have been allowed to continue, those that couldn't behave should have been banned. (y)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wouldn't argue with that.

No; those that were debating it sensibly should have been allowed to continue, those that couldn't behave should have been banned. (y)

I used to love reading and commenting on the Politico threads and learned a lot re Brexit & Scottish independence etc from some very intelligent posters, unfortunately they need almost full time moderation so I can see why they binned them. I can see your point in banning a few intransigents but some of the swivel eyed loons are good contributors on other threads.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I used to love reading and commenting on the Politico threads and learned a lot re Brexit & Scottish independence etc from some very intelligent posters, unfortunately they need almost full time moderation so I can see why they binned them. I can see your point in banning a few intransigents but some of the swivel eyed loons are good contributors on other threads.

I'm trying to think of which swivel eyed loons you're referring to as from memory I think a few more threads than the political ones suffered... :unsure: ;)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Guys, 'may your god go with you' (as stated by Dave Allen) then return to this thread to discuss the extent of racism in sport and not politics or religion.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd go as far as to say that the evidence that there is no God is that the devastation that Covid has caused would have been easy to stop had a "God" been looking over us, and cared to act
Since you mention it, in this sort of discussion it is perhaps worth understanding that not all Christian traditions believe in a God that controls everything that happens…and conversely in a God that can stop things happening. This coming from the fact that not all Christian traditions today take that the scriptures are the word of God to be adhered to faithfully and without question. This is why in many traditions, for example many reformed traditions - when scripture is read the reading is ‘introduced‘ by the reader saying ‘Let is listen for the word of God’, rather than ‘Let us listen to the word of God’. A very significant difference. Glad to be of help. ??

Anyway…back to racism.

Last edited:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Back to basics.
Michael Vaughan interviewed today and pleading his innocence.
Not sure myself so what did you make of it?
I'm going to just say that he made a mistake and would now like to make amends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Michael Vaughan interviewed today and pleading his innocence.
Not sure myself so what did you make of it?
I'm going to just say that he made a mistake and would now like to make amends.

As I said on the cricket thread, is this an apology or a man scrambling to salvage his career? I’m leaning towards the latter.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Listening to Michael Vaughan this morning I wish in his assertions of innocence to the charges laid that he had found words that expressed an admission that he may have been at fault in his use of words in the past, and that he apologises for the upset that these words had caused. Instead he is sorry that those raising the complaints have been upset. These are the sort of weasel words politicians use to avoid telling the truth, and Vaughan should realise that, and understand that we all know the truth of what the politician is not saying. Honesty is always the best policy as things will only get worse if honesty is avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.