Racism in sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Indeed, I pay no attention to any of it...
That's obvious as you STILL don't seemed to have grasped the point of my posts that you quoted!
And the 'What I meant tho, as you should have grasped' (I did btw) is irrelevant to my post - as you should be able to grasp!
Kindly restrict replying to my posts to the actual content of them - or at least delineate any additional comment!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
That's obvious as you STILL don't seemed to have grasped the point of my posts that you quoted!
And the 'What I meant tho, as you should have grasped' (I did btw) is irrelevant to my post - as you should be able to grasp!
Kindly restrict replying to my posts to the actual content of them - or at least delineate any additional comment!
OK, so what you're saying is Muslims are more religiony than other religions?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
OK, so what you're saying is Muslims are more religiony than other religions?
No I'm not! Kindly desist from posting any 'interpretation' of what you think I mean - you've missed the point/been wrong every time!

But feel free to blunder your way to whatever pre-conceived or misinterpreted conclusion you want!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bringing back into a sporting realm, Essex is another county that seems to have players making some serious allegations https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59388331

The whole story seems to be slipping from the public gaze after Rafiq was unfortunately shown up as a bit of a hypocrite. Complaining about fundamental racism in cricket whilst ignoring the fundamental racism in Islam.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
No I'm not! Kindly desist from posting any 'interpretation' of what you think I mean - you've missed the point/been wrong every time!

But feel free to blunder your way to whatever pre-conceived or misinterpreted conclusion you want!

OK then, so I don't accept your statement before that he couldn't have "converted", got married, and then never seen the inside of a mosque again. Just as my mate who "became Jewish" to get married, or indeed myself attending some sort of bizarre private meeting with the minister so we could get married in a church. I was never inside that church again, and indeed have never been inside any church except for weddings/funerals. Just don't attend.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Call to order please.
No getting away from the fact that Muslims are expected to pray 5 times a day.
In cricket, as opposed to other team sports, there are many Muslims playing the professional game.
I'm guessing they need to find a quiet place to pray in the pavilion sometimes and this is is what upsets some of their team mates.
Remember that sport is tribal and if you leave the mainstream you could well be unfairly targeted.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Call to order please.
No getting away from the fact that Muslims are expected to pray 5 times a day.
In cricket, as opposed to other team sports, there are many Muslims playing the professional game.
I'm guessing they need to find a quiet place to pray in the pavilion sometimes and this is is what upsets some of their team mates.
Remember that sport is tribal and if you leave the mainstream you could well be unfairly targeted.
Why would anyone get upset by a colleague, teammate or friend taking some time out from whatever to engage in some personal quiet prayer.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Why would anyone get upset by a colleague, teammate or friend taking some time out from whatever to engage in some personal quiet prayer.

I suppose if its a process environment if someone leaves multiple times a shift to pray or whatever , then some one has to take up the slack ,therefore they will be doing their work as well as someone else's .
This may be ok for a short while but inevitably lead to ill feeling if it becomes a long term issue.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't explain something that doesn't exist, there is no such thing as a god. How do I prove it? Well you can;t prove there is despite presumably thinking there is? Evidence is kinda lacking eh?
So...Your 'faith/belief' that there is no (such thing as) God(s) is no different to the faith of others who believe that God(s) exist(s)!
Watch out for the teapot next time you travel btw!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.