R11 loft adjustment

GlasGolf

Hacker
Visit site
I've just recently purchased a R11 driver and I'm tinkering with the loft adjustment setting.

obviously the club has been delivered to me with the grip pointing straight down and the GOLF PRIDE lined up perfectly straight down into the club.

Anytime I slightly adjust the loft the only way it seems it can be done is turning the shaft a notch or two where it joins the hosel so the line on the hosel is lined up with the setting i want - higher for example.......this then obviously turns the shaft and therefore grip so that the GOLF PRIDE text that was previously pointing directly straight is now either round to the left or to the right, depending on what adjustment has been made...

does that seem correct? Surely it can't be right that anytime you adjust this loft it turns the shaft?

hope that all makes sense!!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just recently purchased a R11 driver and I'm tinkering with the loft adjustment setting.

obviously the club has been delivered to me with the grip pointing straight down and the GOLF PRIDE lined up perfectly straight down into the club.

Anytime I slightly adjust the loft the only way it seems it can be done is turning the shaft a notch or two where it joins the hosel so the line on the hosel is lined up with the setting i want - higher for example.......this then obviously turns the shaft and therefore grip so that the GOLF PRIDE text that was previously pointing directly straight is now either round to the left or to the right, depending on what adjustment has been made...

does that seem correct? Surely it can't be right that anytime you adjust this loft it turns the shaft?

hope that all makes sense!!

That is correct, but you've been sold it with the wrong grip. The R11 should come with a plain black grip so this type of mis-alignment doesn't occur.

GlasGolf

Hacker
Visit site
thanks very much for the reply. I was custom fitted at a taylor made centre and they recommended those grips.

At least I know I'm not being a complete fool and doing the adjustment wrongly....!

thanks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its only cosmetic as long as the grip is consistent from all angles. Ive turned the shaft in my 910 so the writing on the grip is wrong, strangely it seems to bother most people I play with but I couldnt give a dam, Im not reading the name of the grip manufacturer when trying to get it out there lol

GlasGolf

Hacker
Visit site
cheers guys - as you say Fundy it is only cosmetic, I was just wondering if I was missing a trick as i couldn't quite figure it out....without realising the grip i had gone for wasn't a standard one.

to be honest i was only going to adjust it by half a notch anyway so I think I will just leave as is....

thanks for the replies guys

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
dont take this the wrong way but if you have been custom fitted and was told by the pro that the setting he left it on was the best for you why change it now