R&A Level 2 Rules Seminar

Jules

Visit site
I attended one of these winter 2021 and passed the level 2 with flying colours, I then got invited to act as a rules official official at some county matches… I recommend it!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had an invite to a Level 2 Rules Seminar and exam :eek: No mention of Level 1, do you need to do that first? I might actually do it a I am free those days?

Any views from both Ruleees and non-ruleees on here appreciated!
Have a go at level 1 but go for level 2 anyway. Refereeing can be very rewarding and you'll see some good golf.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Sitting in minding a poorly hound this morning so I had a go through the Level 1 stuff @Colin L posted.

Well. I did the Level 1 exam, whizzed through without reference to a Rule Book and passed!! :ROFLMAO: (88%)

The material is very good, although there were a few areas it didn't cover that were in the exam. I think I'll do some swatting when I have another free morning and see if I can get closer to 100%.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I did the level one a few days ago....got 86%....but given that it asked me the same question twice on two occasions during the test, and I submitted the same answers each time, I actually got 4 questions wrong when only two were asked!!! :ROFLMAO:

salfordlad

Visit site
Sitting in minding a poorly hound this morning so I had a go through the Level 1 stuff @Colin L posted.

Well. I did the Level 1 exam, whizzed through without reference to a Rule Book and passed!! :ROFLMAO: (88%)

The material is very good, although there were a few areas it didn't cover that were in the exam. I think I'll do some swatting when I have another free morning and see if I can get closer to 100%.
Well done! If you do it iteratively, you will be able to get to 100 per cent, there are not that many questions in the R&A pool. Just keep note of any you 'miss' and revise that rule and you will be able to get there. It is both an achievable and a worthwhile target IMO and it will give you more confidence on the course with rules issues.
Going back a couple of years (3?) they had an honour board for the Level 1 online test (both a last month and all time) but it wasn't enough to get 100 per cent to get on the all time board, you had to get it down to less than 5 minutes for the 50 questions all correct before you got to the top 50 worldwide. But almost all the top folk on the honour board were Irish because they had the fastest internet speeds - so their time taken to get the next question to load was multiple seconds quicker. I recall getting my time (with 100% correct) down below 4 minutes (which got me to the high 20s in the all time list) but a dozen and a half Irish were getting to 2 minutes for the 50 questions. Absolutely mind-boggling!

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great start, Ian.

I have a horrible feeling that with the way my brain is ageing, I wouldn't get 100% in the Level 1 test. Why don't I try it, do I hear you say? For fear of proving myself right is the sad answer.