quick question

georgejohnson20

Visit site
Hi i am a junior golfer off 5.0 trying to reduce my handicap, I played in a non qualifying competition yesterday and shot 1 under. this would be a significant handicap reduction, just what I need. I spoke to the home clubs organizer and he said that I can have my card back and hand it into my golf clubs office and they can process the card and my handicap can be altered. I have heard that this can be done from a few people although I have doubts because I am in division one and therefore cannot do a supplementary, i am still confused,

Can anybody answer my question, will i get cut?

Thanks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a NQ event - the end.

The handicap committee may take the performance into account if considering adjustments outwith the system generated ones (AR for example) but cannot 3nter it as a Q score in your handicap record, or a supplemental (aside from the cat 1 issue in your case you cannot return a supplemental card from a NQ event 'full stop'.

All that said, your handicap secretary will make any decision and advise the reasons why

georgejohnson20

Visit site
It was a NQ event - the end.

The handicap committee may take the performance into account if considering adjustments outwith the system generated ones (AR for example) but cannot 3nter it as a Q score in your handicap record, or a supplemental (aside from the cat 1 issue in your case you cannot return a supplemental card from a NQ event 'full stop'.

All that said, your handicap secretary will make any decision and advise the reasons why

thanks duncan mackie,
that was very helpful. wish me luck.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck....but do consider the flip side. How would you feel if you hadn't scored as well, your card got back to the committee and they decided to increase you by 0.1 rather than the decrease you wish them to apply?

I believe the answer to this covers why a cut isn't applicable.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi i am a junior golfer off 5.0 trying to reduce my handicap, I played in a non qualifying competition yesterday and shot 1 under. this would be a significant handicap reduction, just what I need. I spoke to the home clubs organizer and he said that I can have my card back and hand it into my golf clubs office and they can process the card and my handicap can be altered. I have heard that this can be done from a few people although I have doubts because I am in division one and therefore cannot do a supplementary, i am still confused,

Can anybody answer my question, will i get cut?

Thanks
As you are cat 1 your handicap sec will have to give the reason and get permission from the county before he can make any adjustment. I doubt that they will. I reckon they will need more good scores. NQs carry little weight at that level

D

Deleted member 1147

I doubt you’ll get a cut unfortunately.
I played two NQs at my home club. Both were team events so not qualifying rounds.
I asked if they could be considered but was told the county wouldn’t allow it.