Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Even though we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and it’s 2020 golf Twitter etc has gone into overdrive due to the fact that Tyrrell Hatton has been wearing a hoodie the past few days.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any man over the age of 25 who wears a hoodie, beyond the confines of his couch, wants to give his head a wobble.

Personally don’t mind what the pros wear and I’m categorically not a paid up member of the long white sock brigade

But these look pants.

And I would not wear one as the hood would get in my proverbial’s during the swing.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Any man over the age of 25 who wears a hoodie, beyond the confines of his couch, wants to give his head a wobble.

Personally don’t mind what the pros wear and I’m categorically not a paid up member of the long white sock brigade

But these look pants.

And I would not wear one as the hood would get in my proverbial’s during the swing.

* taps mic, clears throat
Agreed. Think I’ve still got three hoodies and I’m 49 but I couldn’t see myself hitting a quick hook off the 1st in one. Don’t see much benefit to it to play in though would save the de-golfing of yourself when you go for a pint somewhere normal

bighairydel

Visit site
Agree that there’s no real benefit of wearing a hoodie though I did get caught in a hail storm this year without a brolly and a hoodie would be welcomed.
It’s something different and I feel that’s a good thing

D

Deleted member 1147

I like them?

I imagine those who don’t like them prefer the Farah slacks, M&S polo shirt with a Pringle jumper, look.
Boring old sods!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes from me.

At our club the majority who don’t like the newer attire are from the older generation. They seem to feel it devalues golf abs it’s just one step away from cargo shorts and football shirts on the course.

However, from this same group there are a fair number who whilst wearing ‘correct’ attire have polo shirts that first saw the light of day in 1976 and chinos that were bought as a 32” waist and that particular ship sailed 20 odd years ago. Essentially they look a complete state whilst dressing in what is considered golf wear.

I do appreciate this is a sweeping generalisation however its something I’ve witnessed at a number of courses.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes for me - like the look of them , can’t see any issues with them , certainly look a lot smarter than what some people wear - better a hoodie than a Faldo Pringle or loudmouth stuff.