Question!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
This thread is getting a bit depressing now. Most of the posted problems can be fixed in a matter of minutes with a little help from those in the know. This forum has to be worth a few minutes work eh. The old software was dated and would have eventually caused a lot more problems than people are currently experiencing. Make the changes and carry on as before, or refuse to make changes and leave a very valuable source of information/fun/games etc... Its not really a difficult choice IMHO....

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nowt wrong with it. Easier than getting use to a new set of clubs eh.;) ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Happy_G

Medal Winner
Visit site
Myself, I think it is a massive improvement with a learning curve to match with regards to managing it.
The amount of tweaks being made at the moment cannot be seen by normal guys to be appreciated.
Merging threads, more visibility of spammers, ip addresses, levels of configuration for users options, a proper calendar, albums etc. the list goes on.
On the old forum there were complaints that it looked dowdy, lacked options and was old hat in many ways, pretty much damned if you do, damned If you don't.

This is a pretty strong argument to support the new software in my opinion. It can be a pain moderating a site like this so any help in the form of more up to date software is a good thing

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This thread is getting a bit depressing now. Most of the posted problems can be fixed in a matter of minutes

Bloody right.
If I can bother to drive for 3 hours to meet up with some forum buddies for a game of golf, surely some of you gits can spend 5 minutes trying to sort out using the website.

PS The fact that the guys I drove to meet had all buggered off by the time I've got there is neither here nor there.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was a bit sceptical at the start but I'm used to it now. Saying that, i've not had the troubles some people seem to have had !

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The old format kept freezing/crashing etc. This one does'nt.
The look is cleaner than the old.
Many of you seem to have problems which my laptop does not.

I only have two issues.
1) My user name at the heading is still overwritten
2) When editing while writing this: the cursor will not stay blinking in the middle of a word and it will not move back and forward with the left-right keys.It is very, very annoying.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
with you on this Craw!Have been hopping in and out for a few months now(mainly because I feel unworthy)
but came back from hols to find this!What is VMAIL?Agree tho that the old site was easier to use,or is that just my age coming in?
Have seen MikeH post earlier saying that things will improve,don,t know if I agree,but HEYHO!,got to move with the times I suppose!?

Jimbo
(now how do I post this????)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get more than a little irritated to find that after spending time and thought composing an erudite missive, post or pm, you've been kicked out, have to log on again and all the hard work has been lost.

what's more, things still don't do what they're supposed to!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get more than a little irritated to find that after spending time and thought composing an erudite missive, post or pm, you've been kicked out, have to log on again and all the hard work has been lost.

what's more, things still don't do what they're supposed to!
You should not be being logged out. Clear your cookies and don't come to the site via google. That might help.