Question for Ethan on shafts.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
lol for Ethan,
what kind of difference between say titlesit 910s diamani kali stiff 75gram and the project x 6.0 in the nike?

The Kaili is a solid but reasonably smooth shaft which gives a medium launch and medium spin. 75g is heavier than most club golfers would use it in a driver, 65g is more usual, so the bit of extra weight might push the flight down a shade and make it more suitable for a stronger hitter. The Diamana D+ Blue in the 913 is similar.

The PX in the Nike is a 'made for' shaft, similar to the one in some models of the Callaway Diablo Octane (one of which I had). People's experiences with PXC vary, but it is intended to give a lowish spin flat trajectory. In the made for version, if the Nike version is similar to the one I played in a Cally Octane, I think it would play similar to the Kaili 65g and a bit softer than the 75g. In a 'real' Tour Issue PX, such as used to be available as a stock shaft in the 910, it the PX 6.0 would play somewhat firmer, maybe similar to the 75g.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Davie, it maybe worth checking but I'm sure Crawfords driver had a px 6 or maybe a 6.5.

75g kai'li is more common in a fairway or hybrid for us lesser mortals.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
i had a loan of a 910 driver fairway and hybrid all stiff kali, i knew i should ahve got these at the begining of the year. o well white beast lesson learned. so ive already got the hybrid and probably going for the 17 fairway. driver im still undecided going ok with my broken r9 should see me through to begin of season. im sure its 75g in the fairway, is that what yours is?

T

thecraw

I have a real deal PX and now a real deal Kai'li. The Diamana for me is much smoother and I would have to disagree with Ethan on the spin, for me its certainly a low spin shaft. It plays similar to the old classic Diamana BB however for me its lower launching and a more boring trajectory.

I'm also going to order a Harrison Saga and compare all three soon.

Davie, I have a proper UST Mamiya Avixcore Red shaft which is another decent shaft, mid launch mid spin which is a very decent offering.

£40.

A

Alex1975

I have a real deal PX and now a real deal Kai'li. The Diamana for me is much smoother and I would have to disagree with Ethan on the spin, for me its certainly a low spin shaft. It plays similar to the old classic Diamana BB however for me its lower launching and a more boring trajectory.

Davie, I have a proper UST Mamiya Avixcore Red shaft which is another decent shaft, mid launch mid spin which is a very decent offering.

£40.

Would you be interested in parting with that Kaili?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site

£40.

am sorted for the moment as i like the kali in my hybrid and in the clubs i had borrowed. probably getting a 910 faiway. but was looking at the mike thingy with px at about 120 squid. but driver will be for begin of season.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Kaili is a solid but reasonably smooth shaft which gives a medium launch and medium spin. 75g is heavier than most club golfers would use it in a driver, 65g is more usual, so the bit of extra weight might push the flight down a shade and make it more suitable for a stronger hitter. The Diamana D+ Blue in the 913 is similar.

The PX in the Nike is a 'made for' shaft, similar to the one in some models of the Callaway Diablo Octane (one of which I had). People's experiences with PXC vary, but it is intended to give a lowish spin flat trajectory. In the made for version, if the Nike version is similar to the one I played in a Cally Octane, I think it would play similar to the Kaili 65g and a bit softer than the 75g. In a 'real' Tour Issue PX, such as used to be available as a stock shaft in the 910, it the PX 6.0 would play somewhat firmer, maybe similar to the 75g.

should have said it was 75g in the fairway wood i was looking at

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Different players have different experiences, but the stock Kaili driver shaft is considered mid-spin and mid-launch by Titleist. The whiteboard/Ahina is certainly low launch and spin, and the Kaili fits between that and the redboard/Ilima. When I tried the current equivalent, the D+ Blue in a 913, courtesy of GM and Titleist, it was a nice mid flight for me.

The 'real' PX is a lower launch and spin shaft than Kaili. The 'made for' is probably similar to Kaili, depending on which version.