#questfortheopen

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice that they try as people love following them

If professionals kept handicaps, would either of these guys still be off scratch? I don't think I ever see them break par?

Probably not, can't remember the last sub par round in an event on even a 6300-500 yard course, would be somewhere around a solid 2. Not that there is anything wrong with that, they both can play but just don't get the practice in with all the filming/family commitments.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We should start a crowd funding page on the forum and enter NWJocko into the Fairhaven qualifying next year.

#getjockototheopen

D

Deleted member 1740

We should start a crowd funding page on the forum and enter NWJocko into the Fairhaven qualifying next year.

#getjockototheopen

I like this.

I could imagine Peter Aliss interviewing him just after he's ripped the track up with a -4 and he's muttering "aye I don't know what happened today , I'm just a pea shooter compared to some of these fella's " :rofl:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like this.

I could imagine Peter Aliss interviewing him just after he's ripped the track up with a -4 and he's muttering "aye I don't know what happened today , I'm just a pea shooter compared to some of these fella's " :rofl:

Hahahaha, this 100% .

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

#getjockototheopen

I thought exactly the same earlier today Gary. Would be good to see how well he would compete round his home track. I fancy he would beat quite a few :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like this.

Ken on the course:- So Iain, your known as the "Lukaku of Fairhaven" - do you like that moniker? #FTB :D

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two local lads qualified from Northumberland
James Harper. Had a few alterations on my clubs done by him great lad fingers crossed for him

Also James Simpson
Playing out of close house. Cracking lad I remember playing in a junior open with him back in the day.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ken on the course:- So Iain, your known as the "Lukaku of Fairhaven" - do you like that moniker? #FTB :D

Lukaku!? I'm more like an Ade Akinbayi #NoTrackBully :rofl:

Some good scoring at our place yesterday, wind got up a little in the afternoon so that winning score really is impressive. :thup:

West Lancs is a brute of a course so the 2 guys scores are more than respectable IMO.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes I'm sure for Rick and Peter much of it is to increase their subscribers, at their age they know they are not going to be in the very very small percentage who can earn a good living playing tournament golf. They must do well with their channel and the business it brings to Quest. Along with Crossfield must be among the best known golfers who are not on tour. They're like the rest of us just trying to maximize their earning potential.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes I'm sure for Rick and Peter much of it is to increase their subscribers, at their age they know they are not going to be in the very very small percentage who can earn a good living playing tournament golf. They must do well with their channel and the business it brings to Quest. Along with Crossfield must be among the best known golfers who are not on tour. They're like the rest of us just trying to maximize their earning potential.

They are very honest about what they do and are upfront enough to say it's about their channel and their teaching and improving golfers. I don't think Shiels and Finch have any pretence that they are playing often enough to be competitive, certainly at that open qualifier level and on a regular basis