#questfortheopen

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not many scores coming in from Panmure which is close to me but there getting it easy today as no wind, they'll have played there practise rounds in strong winds over the weekend as well

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice that they try as people love following them

If professionals kept handicaps, would either of these guys still be off scratch? I don't think I ever see them break par?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finch now +3 thru 14, Shiels +4 thru 11. #QuestForAnUnderParRound next year.

On the opposite end of the scale, nice to see one of the lads from my club going low, shooting -3 at Fairhaven. Expecting Jack Clarkson to be up there as well.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Nice that they try as people love following them

If professionals kept handicaps, would either of these guys still be off scratch? I don't think I ever see them break par?

They did play well in a few comps last year. Rick played an under par round in Conwy earlier this year as well (I think he finished second). And I saw them play under par in vlogs many times (okay, admittedly including gimmies most of the time) To be fair, WestLancs is playing tough today. Off the 57 scores in so far, only 5 are under par. And that's all pros and scratch players out there.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The thing is with Rick and Pete - nice guys and all having met them at H4H - but they are not dedicated golf professionals who want to join a tour. I would bet a fair few quid that none of the top 4 who are qualifying today spend their time on youtube etc, have their own channels. I don't have a problem with what they do, far from it. I enjoy their channels, reviews, blogs, FX challenge etc. But are they scratch golfers, could they go 4 or 5 under for one round? I very much doubt it. Unless they give up the public stuff and focus 100% on their golf, they'll never qualify and they must know that. Just playing each other is all very good, but they only seem to play in one or two comps. So how is that preparing them? You only had to watch the Carly blog where she trounced them and it didn't seem like she was in full on game mode. So is it all a PR stunt to get more views, to get awareness of certain golf brands - see the what's in my bag blogs? The cynical side of me says yes as they cant honestly believe that they could qualify knowing that the scores would be 2-4 under? Of course I'd like to see them qualify to the next stage of qualifying but cant see it happening. I would be far less sceptical if next year they said right, no films, no jaunts overseas, no product testing, but for 2 months we will do nothing but practise golf, play in comps, play people far better than us etc.
But that's not their day job is it? Their day job is to host a youtube channel - having Quest for the Open, some might say, is a great marketing ploy to drive people to their site etc.

As I said, no problems with that and hats off to them for taking the challenge on in the first place, but lets not kid ourselves as to what it is really all about.

G

guest100718

The thing is with Rick and Pete - nice guys and all having met them at H4H - but they are not dedicated golf professionals who want to join a tour. I would bet a fair few quid that none of the top 4 who are qualifying today spend their time on youtube etc, have their own channels. I don't have a problem with what they do, far from it. I enjoy their channels, reviews, blogs, FX challenge etc. But are they scratch golfers, could they go 4 or 5 under for one round? I very much doubt it. Unless they give up the public stuff and focus 100% on their golf, they'll never qualify and they must know that. Just playing each other is all very good, but they only seem to play in one or two comps. So how is that preparing them? You only had to watch the Carly blog where she trounced them and it didn't seem like she was in full on game mode. So is it all a PR stunt to get more views, to get awareness of certain golf brands - see the what's in my bag blogs? The cynical side of me says yes as they cant honestly believe that they could qualify knowing that the scores would be 2-4 under? Of course I'd like to see them qualify to the next stage of qualifying but cant see it happening. I would be far less sceptical if next year they said right, no films, no jaunts overseas, no product testing, but for 2 months we will do nothing but practise golf, play in comps, play people far better than us etc.
But that's not their day job is it? Their day job is to host a youtube channel - having Quest for the Open, some might say, is a great marketing ploy to drive people to their site etc.

As I said, no problems with that and hats off to them for taking the challenge on in the first place, but lets not kid ourselves as to what it is really all about.

its all about getting views and suscribers to their channels. Much like any of the blogs etc about golf challenges