#questfortheopen

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, it's open qualifying day again...

This year both Rick Shiels and Peter Finch are playing, they haven't pushed this as much as last year and after Rick result (82 I think ) then maybe the added pressure didn't help.

Be interested to see if the other YouTube celebs did this as well, what would they score ?

Good luck to both ..

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be amazed if either of them get through. Their last practice round at West Lancs under no pressure and they couldn't break par. More of a marketing ploy for their Youtube channels than a serious golfing pursuit.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see that some of the other youtubers are, Andy Carter is and Matt Fryer too. Out of the lot of them I think that only Andy might have a chance, he always seem to play quite well.

I see on twitter that a few people have put some bets on Rick and Peter, with someone putting a £20 on each of them to win the qualifying. Waste of money IMO.

G

guest100718

Well, it's open qualifying day again...

This year both Rick Shiels and Peter Finch are playing, they haven't pushed this as much as last year and after Rick result (82 I think ) then maybe the added pressure didn't help.

Be interested to see if the other YouTube celebs did this as well, what would they score ?

Good luck to both ..

i think it's just qualifying for qualifying today.

D

Deleted member 1740

There's no hiding at west lancs and it'll be tough out there today, there's a bit of wind where I am and I'm 15mins away, it'll be a lot stronger up the coast.

I'll be keeping an eye on the scores as our pro, assistant and two others are playing in it today.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Andy did very well there last year, he had the clubhouse lead for quite some time and ended up second, if I remember correctly. He proceeded to final qualifying (and didn't do too welll in that). So he knows the course well and it seems to suit his game.

I think Pete and Rick both have a chance if they can keep calm. Matt Fryer isn't playing (even though he is probably the best player of the lot, when it comes to competitions), he is caddying for Rick.

I had hoped there would be a live leaderboard online (ther was one last year), but it does not seem to be the case, so we can only hope for tweets and updates from the fans who are there.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
He will probably NR after 5 holes, stating it was to much bother for him to complete fully.

Which one of them are you talking about? I've been following Rick, Pete and Andy for quite some time now and have met all three of them personally. And I've never seen anyone of them draw out of a comp because they did badly. They always battled it through. I think Andy pulled out once because he had hit a tree root and hurt his wrist.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
He will probably NR after 5 holes, stating it was to much bother for him to complete fully.

Which one of them are you talking about? I've been following Rick, Pete and Andy for quite some time now and have met all three of them personally. And I've never seen anyone of them draw out of a comp because they did badly. They always battled it through. I think Andy pulled out once because he had hit a tree root and hurt his wrist.

I think tuggles is making a joke about Rick Shiels. He advertised that he would be doing a back-to-back test of all 24 Callaway drivers from the past six years then only did six because it was "a logistical nightmare". Who knew!?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone got a link to the scoring ? I cant seem to find it on the Open website. Couple of guys from our club playing at Fairhaven

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
5 scores so far:

JORDAN, Matthew (A)
Royal Liverpool
PAR
BOOTH, Rob
Crosland Heath
+3
STREET, Josh (A)
Heyrose