Pyrford Lakes

orangepip

Visit site
I played a trial round yesterday afternoon. The weather was brutally hot after a fairly cool start. Overall I enjoyed the course with a few thoughts:
  • Course knowledge is essential - the outcome of so many holes being with water and hidden streams / ponds means you have to be very precise
  • overall condition was ok, the greens rolled very well though they were not receptive (rock hard) and the rough exceptionally penal (balls just rolling off the fairway into thin air)
  • A few too many short par 4's for my liking - I enjoy one or two but there were lots on this course - probably good for a shorter hitter but anyone medium to long will find it frustrating
I understand its under relatively new ownership and they have some plans to improve - let's hope it goes well. Personally whilst I could afford the membership I'm not sure I could afford the annual cost in golf balls.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I am enjoying learning there.....I'm not particularly straight off the tee so I lose a number of balls a round in the thick rough, probably more in the rough than in water to be honest! If you are straight hitter and have good course management I could imagine it could be one you can take apart as 9th and 11th aside, it's not long. If you're wayward though it punishes you! Great fun with a very friendly atmosphere, in fantastic condition at the minute too. I would recommend.