PYB - Break 100 > My Swing

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is it me, or are the two yellow alignment sticks incorrectly positioned, I usually lay mine on the ground!

You are right Chris, they are definitely going to restrict his takeaway, I did wonder why you never did the PGA course and become a Pro....

jgozza

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the video paul, will be great to see how you improove ;o)

Great analysis from the forums No.1 coach Bob Mac :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hi Paul, interesting swing.. lots of potential there.

I'm on a slightly different planet to Bob so I see your swing a lot differently.

I don't have an issue with your alignment, grip or clubface at the top

You look lined up to hit a fairly straightish shot.. you're definitely not closed so that is more than acceptable.
Grip looks OK and at the top the clubface is parallel to your left forearm plane.. so not closed just a really flat plane!!

If I can post one pic it would be this.... you're waaayyy too flat... your hands and clubhead are working too deep behind (flat/inside) you which is causing you clubface issues... [click to enlarge]

flat.jpg

You're hooding the face on the backswing and subsequently having to hold it open too much on the downswing else you probably would hook everything. You take the club soooo deep, then lift, over swing, and even get across the line at the top a little with a 7-iron!

Picture a small child standing to your right side about hip height... you have to get that clubshaft up over it's head else you'll lop it's head off ;)

If you put your cursor on Rory's right hip (represtenting where the child might be).... watch where the club goes... the child lives!!! :whistle:

[video=youtube;hh1-BX8LFWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1-BX8LFWU[/video]

Last edited:

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
Bit of an update to this. The GM guys came to film my swing a few weeks ago and the edited footage is on Youtube. The last 20 seconds clearly shows my swing.

[video=youtube_share;aLsuEJpYXiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsuEJpYXiA&t=1m51s[/video]

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sorry lost interest in the whole 'play your best' thing - 4 months between posts isn't really exciting enough for me.

Good luck with the remainder of 2012 and your goal.

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair point that four months has been a long time to wait for an update. I have been writing regular updates for the PYB section of the website but I'm not sure my progress had warranted further videos.

Top facilities that you have at Wybo, Amanda.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair point that four months has been a long time to wait for an update. I have been writing regular updates for the PYB section of the website but I'm not sure my progress had warranted further videos.

Top facilities that you have at Wybo, Amanda.

Top Coach too - Paul is a genius :clap: