PYB - Break 100 > My Swing

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
I start my coaching with Top-25 Pro Paul Ashworth next week. My Brother kindly filmed my swing yesterday so here's a clip of me slicing a 7i. Thought it would make a nice starting point to see how things change over the course of the challenge.

[video=youtube_share;I_wK4ysC_BQ]http://youtu.be/I_wK4ysC_BQ[/video]

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bob will be along in a minute to sort out that arm that appears to be super glued to your side ;)

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is that clip full speed?

Three 7 irons to each green, two putts and you will smash through the 100 barrier. Sounds easy when I write it! ;)

good luck with it all.... we are all jealous as hell so keep the updates coming..

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi TP.
There's a few things going on which will keep you busy this year ;)
Firstly, your aim
You put a club down on the grass then ignore it?

fth.jpg

Secondly, I'd check your grip. I'm guessing it's a bit strong which would explain the closed club face at the top of the swing.I'd rather see it in line with the red line

Photo2tu6ry.jpg

Fixing that position will help with the main cause of the slice.....the clubface through impact.

You can see below long after the ball has gone, the c/face still pointing to the right.

Photo2tu.jpg

So, check your aim and your grip and that should help you square the c/face up through impact
HTH

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
There's a few things going on which will keep you busy this year ;)

Thanks, Bob. I'm looking forward to addressing as many of them as possible. PING Pro Steve Cooper also picked up on the club face being shut at the top of my backswing. As for alignment, well I'm fully aware of my problems there...

I'm sure Paul Ashworth will more than earn his commission with me :)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing the coach may be Paul Ashwell? If so then you're onto a winner as he's a genius :thup:

He and Bobmac could be twins :clap:

A

Alex1975

Thanks for posting this Paul, I am really looking forward to a few more as you go though the process.

Question, is your club head actually closed at address? For me the biggest thing that got rid of my fade/slice was to be a big brave boy and hit the ball right and not defend with my body, arms, club head. You look very defensive. Anyhow I am pretty sure you were not after advice as you have a personal coach :whoo: but just a comment.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Kidding of course, just could not resist. About how much does he charge, I may look at a few lessons with him as its not so far away for me.

It's not his fault I break what he creates! 3 years ago I couldn't play off 36 and was ready to quit the game so he's helped me make tremendous improvement.

You get what you pay for so he's not cheap. His website is here with the fees for single or blocks of lessons:

http://www.paulashwellgolf.co.uk/pro/Default.aspx