PXG - top class service

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Long story short I recently bought a set of Gen 3 irons.

They feel superb and perform well however I think the shafts were to stiff for me.

I’ve previously used X100’s, nippon modus X and a Few other extra stiff shafts, but have more recently been using C taper stiff in my old irons.

The stock shaft with the PXG is the true temper Elevate shaft and from Watching a few reviews and doing An online (yes I know…) shaft fitting on the TT website, the result was go for the tour X elevate shafts.

Reviews also stated it was quite soft for an X and i Figured that it was closer to the C taper than it was to a proper X flex shaft.

Anyway. It’s not. It’s either I’m getting old (i am) and can’t swing like I used too. Or the shaft is firmer than I’d expected (it is)

Yes I know I could have got fitted properly but the earliest I could get a PXG fitting was months away and i Did not want to miss out on the bargain sale PXG we’re having.

Also the money was burning a hole in my pocket ?

I emailed PXG uk yesterday and told Them the issue and it Turns out PXG will swap out the shafts FOC if you request it within 30 days of delivery.

I was very surprised and very Grateful. They even pick up the UPS shipping bill for you.

This maybe standard practice across manufacturers, however having never found myself in this situation I could not comment.

I just thought it worth while giving PXG kudos for what I believe is going above and beyond.

Especially when the cold reality is that muggins here is to blame for selecting the wrong shaft in the first place…

I’ll say one thing as well.

The Gen 3 feel bloody amazing. Nicer than mizuno from my experience (I LOVE the feel of a well struck MP iron btw)

Really happy with the customer service and amazing communication from them.

10/10 from me.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice. But you can't tell us all that and not mention which gen 3 model you went for!
Oh.
Good point.

4/5 are XP and GENUINELY are rockets. Feel lovely too.

6/7 are the P and 8/9/pw are T

Have to say that they are all really really soft feeling (sounding)

Softer than anything I’ve hit.

Great bats