Putting science vs eye/feel

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Because if another made my putting better than it is now I would get lynched by my partners for making stupid amounts of putts. Played today, knocked in 6 putts from the 6-10 foot range, stuck a couple of multiple breaking 40 footers to gimme range, all the putts either went in or finished within 12".

I do not see the point in messing with something that works just fine.

In other words "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". :)

There is more chance that that the operator of the tool is at fault than the tool in his hand being the problem.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I wasn't expecting 'putting science' to mean a putter fitting. I thought it meant learning to putt using a technique or method rather than purely relying on feel.

Never had a putter fitting and I can't see it happening as I like my Ping anser.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For me you can broaden the question to "Golf - Science vs Eye/Feel"

For me it's all in the Eye/Feel. I've not had lessons and very rarely practice but can manage my head pretty well and have had a really good season and got my handicap down. The devils advocate may say "think how could you could be if you had lessons" but i honestly feel i'd regress badly with head full of science and swing thoughts. To answer the OPs question it's all eye/feel for me. I know none of my strokes repeat and therefore rely on feel to get it close and club/ball marking alignment for closer putts.