Putting left handed

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Have you TRIED putting left handed?

I mean if you're any good at it then just stick with it, what does it matter how someone else putts if you can sink everything within 20ft

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Have you TRIED putting left handed?

I mean if you're any good at it then just stick with it, what does it matter how someone else putts if you can sink everything within 20ft
Yes, with a child's putter ? Felt ok, I've just ordered a cheap one to try it out.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One of the best players at my club. Ex course record holder changed to left handed putting just over a year ago.

No real idea why. Cant remember what he said. His putting couldn't have been that bad before.

Scores have been fairly similar from what I've seen.

If it works go for it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you can putt better that way there is really no reason not to. Buy a £20 left-handed putter and try it out for a round.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our Operations Manager, used to be +3/+4...... has his name all over Moortown GC honours boards, turned to lefthanded putting for the same reasons. Best give it a go, perhaps with some coaching.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I putt left handed (Left Hand low) on short putts - under 15 foot

Putt right handed on long putts

Never considered a left handed putter but it is now intriguing me.

Last edited:

Fabia999

Visit site
I'm happy with my putting but I've just picked up a belly putter for £5 just to try and I felt really confident so I will keep it and use it when I'm having off days.

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is me.
My nemesis was short putts, particularly for par.
Over lock down, I mucked about with a left handed putter.
I found the process to be more 'mechanical', in a good way.
On the course, derfinitely hole more short ones, but long putts are probably not so good.
But its hard to practice long putts in the living room!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Years ago when I played at Farnham GC, one of the best players putted left handed from inside ten feet, and right handed for the longer ones. Fortunately he only needed one putter, an old bullseye from memory.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I have often thought about. My wife is left handed and have used her putter on the putting green and found it surprisingly comfortable to use. It makes sense as the dominant right hand is in control of the arc, the left hand in charge of power which isn't such a big think in putting, should mean it's smoother, for me as well I am right eye dominant, so putting left handed would mean by dominant eye is lining up ball and target

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@Sats is talking about left hand low, OP is talking about standing on the wrong side of the ball.

It’s the wrong side. You all know it is ?