Putting laser

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone got one and could some to look at with a view to purchase.

I was thinking of getting something that I could use for DIY ie Laser level, but I'm not sure if it would be any good.

TIA.

Robin Hood

Visit site

I was thinking of getting something that I could use for DIY ie Laser level, but I'm not sure if it would be any good.

TIA.
Hi spongebob, I have one I have never used - if you can private message me I can send you pictures etc.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

TIA.

I have done the Edel putter fitting with the laser and mirror to check alignment.

Personally would recommend contacting someone who does that and see if you can pay them for a lesson, using that equipment. That would test your alignment with your own putter. Possible that you could learn to correct it.

Part of the Edel fitting tests your alignment and if you can align certain putters better... i.e. with line-up lines, dots, larger heads, different shapes etc. During this part of the process for me, we found it made no difference and that my line-up was pretty decent. Meant that no need to purchase new putter, but was more down to stroke / green reading / attitude.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the Visio Laser, Tripod & Visio Aim-Board Pack that I bought a while back can't recommend it enough, and with the 10% discount at the moment I think its good value

https://visioputting.com/visio-laser-including-tripod-visio-aim-board-pack/

Has really improved my putting and the laser is usable inside an outside on a putting green

The laser is detachable from the tripod so could be used for other tasks, not that I have tried that yet

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You have to use the laser indoors. You won’t be able to see the line on a green in any sort of bright conditions
This isn’t strictly true. Most are useless outside but some professional quality laser lines work outdoors fine. I haven’t investigated what one would cost now but my work one was just under £600 a few years back with tripod etc.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
This isn’t strictly true. Most are useless outside but some professional quality laser lines work outdoors fine. I haven’t investigated what one would cost now but my work one was just under £600 a few years back with tripod etc.

Agreed my Visio Laser is fine outside

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’m talking line lasers where you can see a line on the ground.
The visio thing is okay if you’re just lining up but won’t be great if you want to see where your stroke is going as you would have to look at the big white thing while you make the stroke which 99% of us don’t do in real life.
Green lasers will be more visible outside (4 x more than red to the human eye)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This prompted me to search the garage for my DIY "builders" laser level that hasn't seen any use for about 20+ years.

Good news is that it still works.

Bad news is that I have a 3" left to right break in the hall towards the front door and a 12" right to left break back towards the kitchen.