Putting Issues - Is it eye dominance ?

Help !!!!!!!

I suddenly seem to have started missing a lot of putts on the right hand side of the whole. (as i look at it - I am right handed)
I don't think i am pushing across the line - Is it to do with one eye being more dominant that the other ?
I can't find the mag i had that talks about eye dominace -
My quick fix to get me round on sunday was to actually look for a mark on the left hand side of the hole and that worked ok for a while but i would like a proper cure.

:)

if its FOC send one over and I will try it and write a glowing review

:)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It could be caused by several things.
Could you get a video of your putting stroke and grip?
The main cause I see in missing right is the golfers shoulders turn to the left so the arms move away from the chest in the down stroke, blocking it if you like.
Or it could be just a weak grip.
Has it suddenly got worse or have you always done it?

It could be caused by several things.
Could you get a video of your putting stroke and grip?
The main cause I see in missing right is the golfers shoulders turn to the left so the arms move away from the chest in the down stroke, blocking it if you like.
Or it could be just a weak grip.
Has it suddenly got worse or have you always done it?

I think i understand, you mean to the left after you have hit it so its like an open face to a push ? I wouldn't say it was a weak griyo you mean bottom right too open (thumb facing right ?)

Just suddenly started doing it -

Not sure i am peaking too early i always try and keep my head down - i ocassionally practice 2-3 feet putts with my eyes closed

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was given a tip the other day which is supposed to take eye dominance out of the picture. fwiw

when you replace the ball, always use the line-up mark, leaving the marker in place. go back 6 foot and check the alignment, correcting if necessary. thereafter you should not need to look at the hole only the alignment mark on the ball.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like that little nugget viscount, I always feel that I'm aiming left when linking the ball up with line and the hole, must try this one in the morning!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I like that little nugget viscount, I always feel that I'm aiming left when linking the ball up with line and the hole, must try this one in the morning!

You're not alone.
Theres a certain forum member (no names whos a VERY good golfer, he just hates anything new in golf) who used to aim right and hood the face.
Nothing like discovering that what you should do and what you do do aren't the same thing :)